HOW IS DIGITAL MARKETING IMPORTANT FOR BUSINESS?
WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING?
- Digital marketing, also called online marketing, is the promotion of brands to connect with potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication. This includes not only email, social media, and web-based advertising, but also text and multimedia messages as a marketing channel.
TYPES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- Search engine optimization,Search engine optimization, or SEO, is technically a marketing tool rather than a form of marketing in itself. The Balance defines it as “the art and science of making web pages attractive to search engines.”
- Content marketing,SEO is a major factor in content marketing, a strategy based on the distribution of relevant and valuable content to a target audience.
- Social media marketing,Social media marketing means driving traffic and brand awareness by engaging people in discussion online. The most popular platforms for social media marketing are Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, with LinkedIn and YouTube not far behind.
- Pay-per-click marketing,Pay-per-click, or PPC, is posting an ad on a platform and paying every time someone clicks on it.
- Affiliate marketingAffiliate marketing lets someone make money by promoting another person’s business. You could be either the promoter or the business who works with the promoter, but the process is the same in either case.
- Native advertising,Native advertising is marketing in disguise. Its goal is to blend in with its surrounding content so that it’s less blatantly obvious as advertising.
- Marketing automation,Marketing automation uses software to power digital marketing campaigns, improving the efficiency and relevance of advertising.
- Email marketingThe concept of email marketing is simple—you send a promotional message and hope that your prospect clicks on it. However, the execution is much more complex. First of all, you have to make sure that your emails are wanted.
THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- A broad geographic reach,When you post an ad online, people can see it no matter where they are (provided you haven’t limited your ad geographically). This makes it easy to grow your business’s market reach.
- Quantifiable result,To know whether your marketing strategy works, you have to find out how many customers it attracts and how much revenue it ultimately drives. But how do you do that with a non-digital marketing strategy?
- Cost efficiencyDigital marketing not only reaches a broader audience than traditional marketing but also carries a lower cost. Overhead costs for newspaper ads, television spots, and other traditional marketing opportunities can be high. They also give you less control over whether your target audiences will see those messages in the first place.
- Easier personalization,Digital marketing allows you to gather customer data in a way that offline marketing can’t. Data collected digitally tends to be much more precise and specific
- More connection with customers,Digital marketing lets you communicate with your customers in real-time. More importantly, it lets them communicate with you.
- Easy and convenient conversions,Digital marketing lets your customers take action immediately after viewing your ad or content. With traditional advertisements, the most immediate result you can hope for is a phone call shortly after someone views your ad. But how often does someone have the time to reach out to a company while they’re doing the dishes, driving down the highway, or updating records at work?
DIGITAL MARKETING CREATES GROWTH
- Digital marketing should be one of the primary focuses of almost any business’s overall marketing strategy. Never before has there been a way to stay in such consistent contact with your customers, and nothing else offers the level of personalization that digital data can provide. The more you embrace the possibilities of digital marketing, the more you’ll be able to realize your company’s growth potential.