What is organic marketing? and why is it so important?
Organic Marketing is a natural way to attract new customers. It aims at intercepting consumers’ interests and at matching their search intent by posting valuable and high visible related content.
Organic Marketing does not require direct payments unlike paid advertisement, but you have to be ready to answer to customers’ needs with quality contents whenever they are looking for information about your products and services.
By increasing your online presence and by making your brand easily findable, you will be able to gain high-quality leads, deeply interested in your offer.
Generating traffic with organic marketing strategies takes time, but you will be able to build authentic long-term relationships with your customers.
Now that you know what organic marketing is all about, you will probably be asking to yourself “How can I improve the traffic to my website organically?”
In this article I will illustrate 4 organic ways to increase web traffic.
Content is a core element when you are trying to increase your traffic with organic marketing. It is important to create content that can be easily consumed by users. This means producing content that can be found without difficulty by people on search engines, that brings added value to them by answering their questions and by proposing solutions to their needs.
This content should be unique and high quality, easy to read and able to catch the attention of the audience.
Engaging content will be able to build your brand authority into a particular field, making your website a reliable source of information for users, who will not only turn to it more and more often to gain the information they are looking for, but they will also be willing to share it with others.
Content can have various forms, from elements of your website to your social media posts, blog posts, videos, infographics, podcasts, e-book, etc.
2. ON PAGE SEO
Once you have created your content, all you have to do is make it findable by people.
In this context, search engine optimization (SEO) plays an essential role. SEO will help your webpage gain visibility and rank higher on search engines.
Optimization is crucial to appear among the top results and drive visitors to your website.
Creating a successful SEO strategy, however, is not easy, because search engines algorithms are always changing.
In any case there are some key elements you can focus on: using appropriate meta data such as tag title, meta description, URL, keywords, headlines and including backlinks and internal links into your content can really make the difference in attracting the right audience.
If you are able to address consumers’ search intent and be on the top of their search results, there is a high chance that you will be the first one they will consider when it is time to purchase.
Let’s have a closer look to some of the aforementioned elements:
- Tag Title: it is the SEO title shown on the search results page. It precisely indicates the content of your webpage. It should contain the main keywords and be able to appeal the users.
- Meta descriptions: it is a brief description of the content of your webpage that appears in SERP (search engine results pages). It doesn’t have a direct effect on the ranking, but it can increase the CTR (click through rate) by catching the attention of the users with the use of the right keywords.
- Keywords and long tail keywords: Keywords are another essential element when you are trying to increase your traffic with SEO.
It is important to use in your content keywords with high search potential. This means that you have to adopt the most popular terms used by your audience when it comes to a specific subject. To do so, it is necessary to conduct research on the main google trends.
Moreover, you can use long tail keywords. This kind of keywords are longer, specific and less popular, but able to address particular market niches. They represent an effective way to improve the incoming traffic.
- Internal links and backlinks: Internal links consist in connecting one specific page to another of your website through hyperlinks. These hyperlinks should be specific keywords called anchor text. Build an effective internal linking system not only will help in improving your ranking, but they will also enhance your users’ experience, keeping your users engaged on your website for a longer time. Backlinks instead are links from another domain that link back to your website. Being mentioned by an authoritative website in your sector will increase your reputation. Good backlink will help you rank higher on search engines and, at the same time, they will expose your brand to the target audience of those related pages resulting in an increment of your traffic.
One of the most important types of contents that you can create to increase organic traffic are blog posts. You should write blog articles on a regular basis, constantly providing high-quality informative contents that answer to your target audience questions.
Engaging blog articles are vital tools to increment web traffic. Through them you can create relationships with your customers, that within time will naturally come to you when in need of reliable information.
Two blogging activities that you can carry out to generate traffic are:
- Update old content: keeping your posts up to date is important not only to be at pace with changes, but also to maintain your ranking on search engines and lead organic traffic to your web page.
- Guest blogging: by writing posts for other websites, you will be able to increase your reputation in your field and gain traffic, by linking them back to your own website and improving your position in the search engine hierarchy.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA
Being active on social media is fundamental to develop a rewarding organic strategy.
In fact, nowadays, consumers tend more and more to research information and news about their beloved brands on social media platforms.
Before starting with social media, it is important to analyse your target audience to understand on which platforms it is better to focus your attention.
Once your social media pages are settled, you can begin engaging your community with captivating posts, likes, comments and contests.
Moreover, through social media you can promote the contents on your website, boost the visibility of your blog by directly linking your social media posts back to it, and eventually increase the traffic of your website.
Organic traffic is essential to grow your business and create long-term relationships with your customers. By writing valuable, easy to find, engaging contents that target the search intent of your consumers you will be sure to attract high-quality traffic, actually interested in your value proposition.
It is time to implement these 4 strategies and start to see the results.
For more Blogs: https://blog.thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org/
International Institute of Digital Marketing ™ is a certifying body founded in the USA by several long-standing marketers. We have years of experience in business, marketing, and more, and have put forth our combined experience to develop DMI. Digital Marketing is something that’s all around us, yet there has been no solid foundation for marketing in many, many years. In the news, there are blunders again and again by companies, failing some of the core aspects of modern marketing. Because of this, the need for a solid, stable foundation for marketing in the modern world is needed– a foundation with the ability to be built upon and developed with time.
For Details visit: https://thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org/
Written by Ilaria Serra, Content Marketing Analyst Intern at International Institute Of Digital Marketing™