SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It’s the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic, as well as exposure to your brand, through non-paid (also known as “organic”) search engine results.
There are 3 Types of SEO:
But first, I need to get one thing straight. There are two sides of the SEO force, and you need to choose yours right now.
Today, we are going to see, Types of SEO guidelines in detail.
1. White Hat SEO
It is a process of improving your search engine rank following the guidelines of search engines without compromising on your methods. This doesn’t involve in manipulating search engines with shady methods but instead involves in building search engine friendly website and user experience. It involves in creating quality content which provides value to the visitors and helps them to earn links instead of building back links.
In short, you’re not only ranking higher in search engine results; you’re giving your target audience a valuable, useful experience – and that’s the secret to more conversions. Since white hat SEO refers to any practice that improves your search rankings on a search engine results page (SERP).
White Hat SEO strategies you can use to boost your website’s presence:
- Quality Content
- Content relevant Keywords
- Keywords-rich page titles and metadata
- Learn code/well structured markup language
- Authoritative inbound links
- Fast loading pages
- Simple website navigation
White Hat SEO techniques are important to follow:
- Reduced Cost: White hat SEO is cheaper than Black Hat SEO. Site owners don’t have to repair violations that have been identified and penalized by Google, such as spam links in blog comments or forums.
- Site Security: Sites optimized with white hat SEO are secure against Google Penalties.
- Ranking Consistency: Rankings achieved with white hat SEO are usually more stable and long-term compared to pages optimist with black hat practices.
White Hat SEO practice to implement
- Keyword Research: Keywords are one of the pillars of search engine optimization. They’re the themes, ideas and topics that your site’s content is based upon.Once upon a time, SEO was all about finding some keywords and stuffing them into your pages. But Google is now smarter than that. It now understands language nuances like stemming and synonyms.
Make sure the following keyword is included in your web page
- Article Headline, Page title and Meta tags.
- URL slug: this what show up in search result and attract users.
- First paragraph of the article: this engages the reader.
- Article subheading: Keep the readers’ attention as they’re scrolling with subheadings that give clarity and, where appropriate, use short and long-tail keywords.
- Put User Experience First: Without a good user experience, your search engine rankings will suffer and your website may struggle to convert incoming traffic. Google is increasingly encouraging businesses to focus their attention on providing an exceptional user experience.
Focus on these elements
- Ensure your website is mobile -friendly
- Speed up your website
- Make it easy to navigate
- Link Building: Backlinks are insanely powerful. Having quality links pointing to your site is one of the most important ranking factors for Google. Why? Because backlinks show search engines that your content is trustworthy, authoritative and worth sharing. important to note buying links VIOLATES Google’s guidelines.
It consists of these elements when your building back links:
- Natural Growth
2. Black Hat SEO
It is a process of trying to manipulate search engine algorithms to improve the search engine ranking, violates search engines’ guidelines and practice the methods to get immediate results instead of building a website with users in mind. There are so many Black Hat methods they utilize and search engines identify and offer penalty if get caught. This methods might be helpful in short term but if you are planning for long term, black hat definitely is not the solution. If your site gets penalized, it takes so much time and effort to remove it.
These are the tactics to avoid when boosting your website’s visibility:
- Keyword stuffing
- Link Exchange.
- PNB(private blog network)
- Link hiding
- Link farming
- Publishing bad content
The following steps Black Hat Link Techniques:
- Buying Links: A high-quality, relevant link can drive traffic to your domain while also telling Google’s algorithm that you’re a trustworthy source and a good back link can also help Google map your website so that it has a better idea. Buying a link, however, is against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines, and – according to Google – it doesn’t work .
- Footer Links: The footer is primary thing for a link because footers appear on every page of a website. If you’ve been adding footer links with commercial anchor text at scale to manipulate results, Google will likely be able to identify those and penalize you for it.
- Hidden Links: You may think that you can hide a link in your website’s text or by having the link appear as the same color as the background, but Google will notice
- Comment spam: You may be able to share a link to your website in the comments section of a website, but you should avoid doing so unless it’s relevant.
Black Hat Content Techniques:
- Hidden Content: It’s a tactic that intends to include as many keyword phrases, long-tail keywords, and semantically-linked words as possible in a page. Of course, Google’s algorithm can tell the difference between keywords within the body of a paragraph and keywords hidden in the background.
- You could publish a guest post from someone who includes hidden content.
- Your commenting system could be insufficient rigorous and, as a result fail to pick up on hidden content.
- Your website could get hacked, and the hackers could put up hidden content. This is also known as parasite hosting.
- Duplicate Content: Sometimes known as scrapping, duplicating, or plagiarizing content can violate copyright or trademark laws. Since Google wants to share high-quality domains, plagiarism is grounds for a penalty.
- Cloaking: It refers to the practice of presenting different content or url’s to the human user and search engine cloaking considered a violation of GoogleWebmaster.
- Doorway pages: are a form of cloaking. They’re designed to rank for particular keywords but then redirect visitors to other pages.
They’re also known as:
- Bridge Pages.
- Portal Pages
- Jump Pages.
- Gateway Pages.
- Entry Pages.
3. Gray Hat SEO?
It is a mixture of Black hat SEO and White hat SEO still remains opposite to search engine guidelines and still can’t be counted as purely White hat SEO as methods and technologies, It may have good intentions, but might not disclose flaws for immediate fixes and Prioritize their own perception of right versus wrong over what the law might say. Gray hat don’t follow guidelines and relevant content but nor right purpose, even don’t survive in long run and often non relevant links. Hence people like content but use wrong practice to rank.
It may consists of following elements:
- SEO Squatting
- Negative SEO
- Spun Content
- Paid links
- Domain Grabbing
These elements are:
- It get pretty quick link building results
- It is not absolutely honest with Google Algorithms
- This method don’t violate Google webmaster’s guidelines boldly
- Gray hat tactics align with Google’s rules except for link acquisition.
White Hat vs Black Hat:
Both White Hat and Black Hat Seo strategy remain same. But the difference between both SEO lies largely in way
In the end black hat seo strategy are only effective way because they rely on White hat seo
One is trustworthy and other one is dishonest.
This leads us to our next point – if you play the black hat game, expect to get penalties from the search engines.
Not sure if you have been penalized ? but this how it looks when google decided to penalize you
For more detail, visit us: https://thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org/
Content Marketing at International Institute Of Digital Marketing™