The precision in manufacturing a brilliant cut diamond will result in a timeless investment. Similarly, this Digital Marketing Strategy will be a timeless investment for your Jewellery company.
In this strategy you will learn how to digitally market your jewellery business and build a solid foundation and consistently keeping your business current during an pandemic while generating revenue.
6 Disciplines of Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing – The creation and publication of useful content designed to attract, educate, and maintain your target audience.
- Native Advertising – Also called advertorials, is a type of online advertisement that resembles the editorial content of the website or publication you are promoting.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) Ads – Paid advertisements will appear at the top of search results. Advertisers will pay each time a user clicks on one of your ads; it will appear on search engines, or on different social media websites.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – This is the practice of improving a website so that it becomes search engine friendly and brings organic traffic to the website.
- Social Media Marketing – The practice of promoting a product or service on social media platforms. This is typically done through a social media management platform.
- Email marketing – A marketing approach that uses email as a way of communicating directly with current and prospective customers; more affordable and extremely targeted.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Start Reflecting: The ideal buyer persona is a detailed description of someone who represents your target audience. It’s based on market research, which include actual data about your existing customers, and a few (educated) assumptions.
- Demographic details
- Pain points
- Buying Patterns
- Identify Your Goals:
- What is the brand goal? Defining them is a main task when it comes to any Marketing Strategy.
|Short Term Goals (A week to 3 months)||Long Term Goals (3 months and longer|
|Increase Local audience by 5% in 3 months||Increase International audience by 5% in 5 months|
|Increase Instagram followers to 8000, in 3 months (currently 7468)||Increase Instagram followers to 10 000, in 6 months|
|Increase Facebook followers to 3000, in 3 months (currently +-2700)||Increase Facebook followers to 5000, in 6 months|
|Increase Commission Designs by 3% in 3 months||Increase Commission Designs by 6% in 6 months|
|Launch Shopify Site in October (+-2 months time)||Increase International sales by 30% in 6 months|
|Create a database from existing clients for newsletters about Shopify Launch/discounts||Increase Local sales by 50% in 6months|
|Brainstorm a new range||Design a new collection for 2022|
|Reach 25 existing clients in 3 months||Increase the conversions on the website by 20 percent in the first quarter of 2020.|
|Create a new reel every 2nd week|
- Monitor and Improve:
- Gaining constant insights & analytics in weekly reports – Also use built-in Analytics for Instagram, Facebook Business Page, and Shopify.
- Look at your Competitors
- Identify Customer Pain Points
- Identify and improve customer experience by constantly checking reviews, asking the right questions in polls, and monitoring your competitors.
The Reputation of the Company:
- Online Reputation Monitoring – Monitor what has already been said.
- Identify opportunities to get involved.
- Control small customer service issues before they get out of control. (Feed Reader, Google Alerts, Yahoo Alerts, Social Mention, Trackur.)
- Dive into Conversion – If there is not much, time to get involved.
- It builds credibility and strengthens rankings in search engines.
- To achieve this; make podcasts, make videos, create a personal blog on Tumblr.
- Prevent Reputation Problems – Monitor to prevent potential problems using social media management tools.
- Be prepared to respond to criticism within the same week. (HootSuite, EasyTweets, SocialStream, and Atom)
- Respond to customer service inquiries and defuse negative comments.
- Be accessible on all platforms.
- WhatsApp Business Account can improve your customer service.
- Content is King:
- Stay consistent in posting high quality content.
- Reviews online enhance credibility, improve ranking and conversions.
- Schedule mixed posts at least a week in advance (Facebook is 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursday, Instagram is 11:00 AM on Wednesdays.)
- Involve customers by reposting their stories about the company.
- Create a newsletter about Website Launch using Mailchimp; design templates, monitor client behavior and optimization.
- Create reels & stories to stay relevant on the Instagram algorithm.
- Create Call-to-Action (CTAs) on each landing pages
- Engage with the consumers – 20% of stories need to be interactive.
- Mobile optimization
- Lower your content resolution to effectively be displayed on small screens and portable devices. This will accommodate for low memory capacity and low bandwidth.
- Register for ‘Mobi’ to create a user-friendly version of the website. ‘MobiReady’ will check the mobile-readiness of your site.
- Develop a Mobile Strategy by analyzing with Google Analytics referral and keywords data. Monitor what devices your target audience.
Imagine your Digital Marketing Strategy as a multi faceted diamond. Each facet reflects a new opportunity to make your business shine even brighter.
Kallen Townsend and Rachel Kemp are completing an Online Digital Marketing Internship through the International Institute of Digital Marketing.
For more information, visit thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org