COVID-19 and social-distancing challenges us in finding everyday activities to keep ourselves occupied. Morning and nighttime routines, skin care regimens, and out of the box makeup looks flourish on social media as people began to take the time to take care of themselves again. These videos and regimens keep us occupied during a hard time however, it is important to be prepared through marketing as well for anything which could happen in the future.
Business strategy is the battle plan for a better future. – Patrick Dixon
Guidelines for your beauty parlor’s marketing strategy regimen:
Evaluate Your Foundation
Just like beginning any normal makeup routine, it’s important looking at what we are working with. Have you recently had any production problems or HR issues? Are your customers satisfied or unhappy? Measuring every factor from social media followers and insights to shipping time is important when beginning your digital marketing strategy.
Identify Your Goals
Scientists state that identifying and writing down your goals influence how fast and to what extent/ proficiency your goals are completed. From the information you have gathered in the step above, create both short term and long term goals for your business and it’s performance. Short term goals create motivation for your business so dont be afraid to think in small metrics as well.
Short Term Goals Example:
- I want to have one collaboration with a makeup social media influencer within the next month published on my site.
- I want to generate $1,000 in online sales within two months.
Long Term Goals Example:
- I want to have 15,000 subscribers to my youtube channel by this time next year.
- Within 8-12 months, I want to have 100 orders a month.
Within these short and long- term goals create steps which show how you will get there along with time frames for each step. Through this process, the possibility of setting unrealistic goals for urself is eliminated and your goals seem more reachable to you!
Believing in yourself is the most important first step when trying to reach a goal!
Contour Your Social Media and Online Presence
Creating and sticking with your businesses’ brand image attracts repeat customers and makes your brand more recognizable! Evaluate your social media presence on as many platforms as possible! Believe it or not, a pinterest or VSCO following can result in more sales and revenue generated for your brand. Instagram and Tik-Tok are currently the most popular sites for advertisements amongst Generation Z, making them the most important to update!
Highlight your Strengths and Unique Products/Services
Do you have a certain serum which is uniqure to your brand? Has your brand gone viral for a certain eye-makeup look? Utilize these differences to separate your beauty parlor from others.
Ways to Highlight your Brand’s Uniqueness:
- Focus your websites homepage or designate a separate page to highlight your product or service
- Create advertisements or social media posts centering around this item
- Design shopping packages with trial sizes of various products to give your customers a gift which will make them coming back
- Emphasize rewards or giveaways to rewards members through text message and email promotions
Exfoliate your weaknesses away
By continuously innovating and improving your businesses you will become successful in more ways than you ever thought imaginable!
Here are two ways to ensure your continuous innovation:
- Research the competition: by seeing your competitors products, services, and prices you can ensure to keep your business up to date in the most recent fashions and trends
- Research old trends: Fast- fashion and fads all come from previous iconic decades and are revamped today. Be YOUR OWN entrepreneur and innovate old trendy makeup looks or skin care regimenes into todays cycle.
Alright, it’s finally time to give your beauty shop some self-love and revamp it! Use these guidelines to face-tune the perfect business you want and deserve!