The main advantage of digital marketing is that a targeted audience can be reached in a cost-effective way.
Other digital marketing advantages include increasing brand loyalty and driving online sales.
The benefits of digital marketing include:
Global reach – a website allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising.
Top 5 Disadvantages in marketing
- Skills and training – You will need to ensure that your staff have the right knowledge and expertise to carry out digital marketing with success.
- Tools, platforms and trends change rapidly and it’s vital that you keep up-to-date.
- Distracting: People who are eager/excited to engage on social media/video may ignore the advertisement on purpose.
- Word-of-mouth: Digital advertising is a wonderful and attractive way to create social buzz for everyone.
- Generally, companies that are on a low budget and willing to pay low amount of dollars per word on big websites; will usually find themselves being outbid by other companies.