Who are they:
Byrne Videography and Photography have been operating since 2009 where they have produced video projects and photo shoots for their clients that are not only informative, but also beautifully filmed and professionally edited. Their speciality lies in Wedding videography. They are a husband and wife team who work in sync and where capturing moments that are creative and thought provoking is most important to them.
Since having their children, their business has had to take a back-stage so they are wanting to rebuild their brand. They have also moved to a different city which means they practically will have to restart from the beginning in terms of finding new clientele.
Steps to be taken:
- Find out who the Target Audience for Byrne Videography and Photography is
- Rebuild and update their website
- Creating a blog page to direct more traffic to their web-site
- Now in a new city, join google my business
- Growing the existing Facebook
- Joining new social media platforms
Who is the target audience
In terms of advertising for weddings, the ads will be targeted at people who are over 20.
Other factors would be:
- People who have set their Facebook profiles as “engaged.”
- Women who have shown an interest in Baby showers.
- Those that are interested in videographers
- Women who have shown an interest in wedding photography and wedding planning
The market for commercial side, the target audience includes all businesses and non-profits
Rebuild and Update Website and Why
When it comes to small-business marketing like Byrne Videography, a great website can be one of the most effective and cost-efficient marketing channels out there.
Currently the website for Byrne Videography has been created in a limited platform. Change to a platform that is going to help benefit your company, something like WordPress. Nearly one-third of all websites in the world are run on WordPress.
WordPress. There are many benefits to use this platform. And example of these benefits are:
- You have full ownership of your WordPress website which means that you can literally design your website to be anything at all that you want and you own your own code.
- You have full customisation options for your WordPress website.
- WordPress is affordable for any budget
- WordPress offers plug-ins.
When designing or re-designing the website, as in the case. Here are points to remember when designing visually appealing website that represents the business in a unique way.
- Keep the design simple, fresh and unique.
- Consider that visitors might be visiting from laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Consider site load times. People are often impatient when browsing websites, and slow load times can determine whether people will be willing to want to learn more about the company. Auditing the site’s performance on a regular basis by checking load times, site speed, correct formatting and continuity with the text and images is very important
- Make the site easily accessible and organise the site to provide a great user experience
Creating a blog
Having a blog for Byrne Videography and Photography will increase the company’s visibility. Put simply, the more blog content that is created, the more opportunities there will be to show up in search engines and drive organic traffic to the website.
Blogs provide the perfect platform to strengthen SEO strategy.
Companies that have blogs receive 55% more visitors than companies without blogs. That’s because the blogs are the pages that are driving traffic back to the main website.
Join Google My Business
Since moving to another city and having not yet set up Google My Business, this is a perfect time to get listed. Google My Business will help with the marketing of Byrne Videography and Photography
- by increasing your visibility on the web
- It helps you share information with your potential customers
- It helps you reply to the queries of your potential customers in real-time
- Boosts your appeal among potential customers with reviews
- Increase traffic and sales
- and its Free Google Advertising
Using your Current Facebook Platform
Utilising Facebook correctly can become a powerful way of connecting businesses with customers and help promote the business. Here are some ways on how you can use Facebook to promote your small business.
- Post Valuable Content Regularly
- Engage with your audience.
- Run Promos and Contests for example:
- Customer discounts in exchange for “likes” or “shares”
- Comment of post why they should win your prize
- Turn your fans into advocates
- Run Facebook Ads
- Join Facebook Groups
- Create a Community Page
- List your events (the ones that you can)
- Upload a Facebook Story
Joining new social media platforms
Besides using Facebook, joining these social media platforms will help with advertising:
This platform is among the most popular social media sites and the best channel to make your mark when you need exposure.
This platform showcases photographers to potential clients through backlinks.
A lot of people looking for wedding and event photographers use this site to look for the best services.
This platform functions like Linkedin for creatives and focuses more on graphics and photography.
Short Term Goals
Month One: Build a referral program from previous clients
Month Three: Run a Giveaway to Engage Your Audience
Month Five: Build followers of 400 on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Behance.
Month Six: Build up Emailing List to 300
Long Term Goals
Month Eight: Get Featured On Photography Blogs to Increase Your Online Presence
Month Ten: Build followers of 1000 on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Behance.
Preparation and goal setting are crucial to success in any business. A plan for your videography and photography business can make all the difference.
Be conscious about promoting your work and put effort into building your own brand.
When you have a plan to market your business, you will be more likely to stick to that plan. When you stick to the plan, with financial goals in mind, the more likely that you will reach those goals.
Written by Debbie-lee Byrne (Brand Marketing Analyst at International Institute of Digital Marketing)