In recent times, the cosmetics industry is on the rise as many individuals have time on their hands to start mastering the craft of makeup. Now of course, makeup should be applied in whichever way makes one feel confident and good about themselves as it can express both inner and outer beauty, but no doubt that makeup trends and techniques are constantly changing as times evolve.
The beauty industry is an ever-evolving and highly lucrative industry. To excel and stay afloat in this business, one must quickly be able to adapt to the change in customer trends and purchasing preferences due to the quick evolving industry innovations constantly happening.
Therefore, beauty brand marketers must keep up to date with the latest trends in beauty and cater towards the evolving customer preferences. Luckily, doing so is very easy due to this digital age.
Every successful business requires a great marketing strategy and a digital presence
If you are a small business specializing cosmetics, keep reading to find out how your business can skyrocket through a solid digital marketing strategy.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Analyze your current business success if already established
In the beauty and cosmetics business, social media channels should all be established and the utilization of social media platforms that are visual heavy will greatly be beneficial
Examples of platforms that are content visual heavy are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- To analyze these social media channels, there are various features to allow you to analyze your content, activity, performance, and audience such as Instagram Insights for Instagram and Facebook Analytics for Facebook.
2. Set your goals
Next, you must set your goals. Goals that can happen quickly are called short-term goals and goals that take a long time to achieve are called long-term goals.
A short term-goal is something that can be achieved in 12 months or less whereas a long-term goal can be achieved in 12 months or more.
- In the next month I want to have at least one collaboration with a makeup/social media influencer published on my site.
- I want to generate $1,000 in online sales within two months.
- Within a year from now I want to have at least 100 orders per month
- Within a year from now I want to grow my YouTube subscribers and Instagram followers to 10k
The most important aspect in creating goals is making them realistic and attainable, If you strategically plan your goals and make an effort to achieving them then there is nothing stopping you from attaining them
Your goals should be SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely).
3. Boost your online presence
You should strive to build awareness and drive traffic to your website.
- You can do so by creating credible content around the needs & concerns of your target audience.
- You can create a video campaign as well to establish your brand identity in the eyes of your customers.
- You can ask industry professionals to recommend your beauty professionals. You can also get tips & tricks from them which can be delivered to your audience in the form of an educational resource.
- Run polls & contests on social media platforms to encourage users to participate. Reward the winners.
4. Determine your target audience
Without a target audience, a business can get lost and forget who they are catering towards. Now we all know that makeup is something that anyone can use, although, the target audience would be young people that have the most interest in everything to do with beauty and new makeup trends.
Social media platforms such as TikTok and Instagram should be updated and utilized the most due to the young audience and popularity.
You are now all set to successfully run your cosmetics business. What are you waiting for? Get started right now!
Written by: Shefali Mathur- Digital Marketing Analyst at International Institute of Digital Marketing