As a young mom living in the 21st Century, I can say that my perception has changed of what I would have wanted my ideal career to be.
After I fell pregnant, my whole world changed.
I was carrying a little human being inside of me and I had to make sure that I could take care of her to the best of my ability.
As soon as I got the opportunity, I applied for a job working from home and it was the best decision I could’ve made.
So here is a short but sweet blog about what I think is the best career as a Mom in the 21st Century.
Benefits of Working in the Digital Marketing field as Mom:
· If you work in a digital environment, your chances of working from home are greater.
· Working in this field can allow you to work for any company in the world (The Opportunities are Endless!)
· All you need is a laptop, a good internet connection and to join one of our IIDM courses to kick off your career.
· Learning these set of skills can benefit you if you’re planning on having your own business one day and it can help you increase your own social media following.
Skills that apply to both being a mom and working in the Digital Marketing field:
· Time Management
· People Management
· Problem Solving
· Organisational Skills
Courses that you can take online to kickstart your Digital Marketing Career:
You can find the following courses available on The International Institute of Digital Marketing Website):
· Licensed Digital Marketing Master™ (3 Months Intensive Certification Program)
· SEO & SEM Master II™
· Licensed Search Engine Marketing Professional™ (3 Months Intensive Certification Program)
To conclude, the Digital Marketing Industry is definitely a great career path for a mom who would like to enjoy the opportunity to work from home and have more time to spend with her kids.
About the Author
My name is Rebecca, I’m a 23 year old from Cape Town, South Africa.
My passion lies in Digital Marketing and Events Management.
I love life and most importantly my daughter Aurora.