Staying healthy has become a worldwide necessity in recent times. More and more people are becoming health conscious with each day. Maintaining a healthy diet, exercising, wearing a face mask, sanitizing etc. have all become of great importance to a great many.
- As a result, millions of people are turning towards the internet as a way of getting their information and health data.
- Gyms and other training centers are currently not accessible because of the pandemic and many of the trainers and health coaches are looking for digital platforms to get clients and help them realize their health goals.
- Digital marketing is a competitive field. As a wellness coach, it can seem like a foreign territory to market themselves online.
- To have a deemed presence in the online world, these wellness coaches need to follow some digital marketing practices so that it will help you to be set apart from your competition.
PROMOTING YOUR WELLNESS COACHING BUSINESS
Let us investigate some of the digital marketing strategies that a wellness coach can adopt for their business without breaking the bank.
Digital marketing is a broad term that can include:
- Posting and advertising on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest
- Developing a business website
- Optimizing your website to show up in search engine results (Search Engine Optimization)
- Building an email list
Health Coach Marketing: 5 Proven Ways to Win Clients
1. Set online marketing goals
Set a SMART goal (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and within a specific time frame). This is an important aspect in developing a social media strategy.
An example would be setting a goal to reach 500 likes/followers on your social media page within the next 5 weeks or to set a standard of posting content daily. Defining your goal will help you stay focused on your marketing strategy
Do your set of goals for online marketing cover all the bases?
Set the right goals for digital marketing using the 5Ss
- Sell – Grow Sales
- Speak – Get closer to customers through dialogue and participation
- Serve – Add value
- Save – Save costs
- Sizzle – Extending your brand online
2. Post on social media
While posting your content you need to make sure that your content has a great impact on your followers. Hence it is important that you schedule your posts for specific timings so that you can have maximum reach or whenever your followers are most active.
Photo by jess bailey- unsplash
Using scheduling tools are helpful in this case. Luckily, there are some very handy social media tools that you can use to help manage and schedule your social media posts including:
Whether Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter, social media is an effective and easy way to conduct outreach.
However, social media is about more than always trying to sell yourself as a wellness coach.. Try to be informative and conversational. Provide varied content in the area of health and wellness, or share insights on areas that make you unique as a coach.
Facebook is best for short videos (think things like food prep, simple exercise routines, recipes, motivation, etc.), photos, and other curated content.
Facebook has a wide audience, but their algorithm prioritizes staying onsite as opposed to linking to outside sources–so think about ways you can bring your content to Facebook for engagement (like summarizing a blog post on video or an easy infographic). And don’t forget about Facebook Live!
For Instagram, high-res photos are a requirement. However, you can take these with a newer iPhone and edit with free apps like Snapseed.
One of the most exciting aspects of using Instagram as part of your online marketing campaign is the ability to create and share your artistic vision of your health coaching business in an almost purely visual way.
Instagram now offers business accounts completely free of charge, which come with a whole lot of features including being able to:
- Promote your posts with a little cash
- Learn insights about your followers and how your posts are performing
- Link directly to your Facebook business account
This is also a great platform for user-generated content (maybe user photos of a recipe you created), inspirational quotes, yummy food photos, and more. Instagram Stories is another great tool for health and fitness coaches to take advantage of to keep followers engaged.
Users come to Twitter for the latest news, curated blog content, and, of course, GIFS!
Think about news topics that would be relevant to your audience on Twitter–and be quick in sharing them before they become old news. Set Google News notifications for yourself about health and fitness topics that interest you and your client base–and make sure to share them with a sentence or two to showcase your thoughts.
3. Run a Contest on Social Media
A great way to drum up interest in your health coaching business is to run a contest on social media. You can encourage your social media followers to share your contest information by offering giveaway incentives, like a set number of free health coaching spots in your program.
Running a contest is a clever way to grow your mailing list, as interested individuals will provide their contact details to enter the draw.
Some useful tools to help you set up and promote your social media contest include:
4. Develop a website
Having a business website is an absolute must for your health coaching business.
A business website:
- Provides accessibility to existing and new clients
- Builds your credibility in the health and wellness industry
- Helps develop your health coaching brand
Your health coaching business website will act as your virtual hub; it will be a place where your clients, both current and future, can find all the information about your health coaching style, services and free content.
You can link your social media accounts to your website and you can also capture the email addresses of interested individuals who have visited your website.
Building your own website is not as daunting as you may think.
WordPress is the most widely used website builder, and some other popular choices include
SEO is the process of optimizing a website so it performs well in an organic search. Optimizing your website’s SEO is another clever online marketing strategy that many online businesses are using.
Photo by- Stephen Philips- unsplash
- Social media presence is an area where a health coach needs to up their game.
- Live Virtual classes should be one of the main ways you can engage with your clients.
- One-to-one sessions or group classes can be promoted through your website and social media platforms.
- Whenever you can, direct people back to your website to get more information, which will help drive more visitors to your site and increase your new client leads
5. Content Is King
Content marketing is about creating and sharing content that will appeal and attract a defined audience; your ideal client.
Your content can be whatever you’re passionate about and what you believe your target client will be interested in.
Maybe it’s a blog? Possibly videos? Whatever you choose to create needs to be of a very high standard, and images, filters and color schemes play a huge role in your marketing campaign.
Here’s a list of handy graphic design and photo editing tools to help you add that professional touch to your online marketing content.
- Canva is an easy-to-use freely available graphic design app, that enables a graphic design novice to create attractive, profession content
- Phonto allows you to add text to photos
- Picmonkey is great for photo editing and graphic designing your social media content
- Camera+ helps you shoot like a pro using your iPhone
That’s huge! But it is not surprising. Research shows that content marketing is 62% cheaper than outbound marketing, and generates 3 times as many leads! (Source: DemandMetric)
Now, as a health coach, you may not be in the position yet to hire someone to run your content marketing for you. But especially in the beginning of your online journey, it is actually better to do it yourself. It gives you the opportunity to learn what really works for you and your audience, and to really understand the type of content that gets – and keeps – their attention.
In today’s post, we will be discussing what content marketing actually is, how it will benefit your business, and we will also get started on developing ideas for your content. So, let’s dive in!
Let’s take a step back here. First, what is content?
Content is anything that you use to communicate with your prospects and customers.
Content is what you put out into the world to market, advertise, and share your business.
Examples of content
- Blog posts
- Email newsletters
- YouTube or Facebook videos
- Pinterest pins
- Memes (those funny memes you share on Facebook – yes that counts!)
And so much more!
Put simply, content is ultimately the foundation of your business.
It’s how your prospects will find you. It’s how you will convert those prospects into subscribers and customers. It’s how you will build a strong and loyal customer base. And how you will provide value.
Employing these various web marketing strategies will improve your overall business and get you noticed by the right people. It is important to concentrate on a few online marketing strategies at first so you don’t spin your wheels, get overwhelmed and quit.
One step at a time, many of these processes can be automated or streamlined, and then you can move on to the next strategy.
just remember the phrase
health is wealth
- https://www.primalhealthcoach.com/health-coach-marketing-5-proven-ways-t o-win-clients/
Author : SANJAY SANTHOSH
Co-Author : SATHISH KUMAR G