You may already have a small grocery store or you may be looking for a marketing strategy to get more customers for your existing business. Whatever is the case, one thing you must include in your strategic planning is Digital Marketing. In today’s world where every person uses their cell phone, iPad, and Computer to search for places to find their needs. Groceries, restaurants, bars, bus tickets, theater tickets, and clothing are now searched online. Cooking good food at a restaurant is not enough if you don’t let customers know how good it is through Facebook, Instagram, google review, yelp review, or through websites. Likewise, even if you keep the best locally grown healthy, fresh, and organic food, if you can’t let the people know digitally then you might not get enough customers.
How Digital Marketing Works: Digital marketing is not magic but you may realize that it works magically once you start doing digital marketing. Your customers are not only those who know you. A couple of hundred people may know you but you want thousands of people to know about your business. The easiest, fastest, and cheapest means to achieve this goal is through digital marketing. Digital Marketing has different parts that work differently.
1. Social media marketing: The number of users on social media is already enormous and is still increasing every single day. 90 Percent of people use at least one of the social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, or What’s Up. You might wonder how these social media are making billions of dollars, we use them for free, right? Their main source of revenue is through advertisement. You might have seen advertisements from auto flower shops, nurseries, grocery stores, insurance, photography, car dealer, Nike, or any small business around you. Businesses who want to have their presence in social media create their account for free with one of these social media, depending on what is popular in that area. However, when they want to spread their information to a specific age group of people in a certain location, to a specific number of people at a specific time then they need to pay for advertisement. You also want to have your presence on one of the most common social media in your locality. However, you don’t have to pay for advertisements unless you are not happy with your goal.
2. SEO: SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a very common term used in digital marketing. It helps to make your content more accessible to the customers. When you search for something around you then whatever website appears first, except the advertised one, is the result of good SEO as well. Most software developers are not good at SEO. So, it is a good idea to have someone knowledgeable about SEO to build your website. Since you are looking for help with the digital marketing of grocery stores. I believe a person having knowledge of SEO and grocery store’s stuff and operation would be much helpful. SEO helps to rank your web pages higher in the search result as a result your business appears on the top of search results.
3. Google Review: Grocery stores or any other store have to have some 5-star reviews from the customers. Google reviews increase the credibility of business however if bad reviews exceed the good ones then customers might not find your business for them. Don’t feel shy asking for good reviews from satisfied customers. Google review will help you more than anything in digital marketing.
4. Content Marketing: It incorporates Social media marketing as well as pictures, videos, and blogs.
When should we start Digital Marketing:
The sooner you start the better it is. I would recommend you to start now even if you don’t have a business in the future. However, if you already have a business then also start now. The older your content is, the more chances are that your content may be searched by people. I myself have a website and a Facebook page. However I don’t have a business, but I already receive a couple of calls every day.
How do you Track The Success of Digital Marketing:
There is some software that offers to track the success of digital marketing: Google MyBusiness, Google Analytics, Yelp, and Social Media. In general, this software offers you to see how many people are liking your content, how many followers you have, how many people are seeing your content, what your customers are mostly looking for in your business, and how long they are spending time on your website. For more information go through each of them doing a google search.
Your Digital Marketing Goal:
As I said earlier, even though digital marketing works magically, the results are not instant. When I say results, I am talking about big results. That is getting more customers who can generate revenue for you. It can generally take 5-6 months to get more customers without adding advertisements. Since some results of digital marketing are instant and some are late so our digital marketing goals should be. Also, these are the goals without using any kinds of advertisement. The result varies (increases) if we use advertisements.
Short-Term Goals (Within 5 Months)
- Have 1000 likes on your business on social media
- Have 500 followers
- Have your business reach 20,000 people.
- Have 1000 customers visited your store
Long-Term Goals: (6 months-1year)
- 20 people following directions to your business every day.
- Have more than 40,000 people see your business.
- Have 3,000 likes for your business.
- Have 1500 followers on social media.