Basic tools to use to be a successful author/writer
History of Publishing
Although most authors/writers have been using a well-known method of typing and publishing a book that readers can purchase inside the book store the traditional way of buying a book inside the store is slowly fading away to the digital way of publishing a book and most people spend time online nowadays on so many things that they thought were impossible to reach with just a click as information to reach us a lot better and it is becoming more convenient than previous centuries.
There is another method that is making momentum as it is slowly replacing the traditional publishing of a book in the book store or buying the book physically in the technological term it is called the digital book you don’t purchase the book in the store anymore you purchase the book online using Amazon and also eBooks they all have sections where readers can buy books online.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is marketing that uses technology such as a computer and internet such as Google to use market products and services online these can be used daily and most businesses use this method to attract or generate new consumers to their products and services it has systems such as search engine optimization SEO, search engine marketing SEM, content marketing, influencer marketing, campaign marketing and management, brand awareness and management, data marketing such as Google Analytics, E-commerce marketing, Social Media marketing, management and optimization, Email marketing and display advertising and non-internet marketing such as SMS and MMS.
How is Digital Marketing relevant to Authors/Writers?
Digital Marketing will help authors/writers to put themselves out there online it will help them save time and energy to print the book and also it will help manage your time well whether you are using an office, coffee shop, or your home space to write the book all you need is a laptop and internet to go online and publish the book after writing the book you have just typed it will also help you to save all your written books inside your laptop without using any paperwork as books can become dusty and also they take up space and some pages tear up when the book becomes old it will help you also to interact with people new and old readers and also you will be able to know who your readers are across the world and how your book has meaning for them it can be a cooking book or money book.
Should Authors/Writers use only Digital Marketing publish books?
You can use both methods of publishing a book which is online digitally or publishing it physically at the book store when you still have readers who still prefer to go to the book store to purchase a book or you can only use digital if you have recently written a book and it is your first book its better that way as most people use the internet or almost everything in their daily lives most people who purchase the book in the store do no know how to use the online system of purchasing a book and some are still not open to the idea of buying a book online.
Tips to help authors/writers build a long-term marketing plan Forbes format
- Know your audience– In this phase you will get to know what kind of readers are engaging with you it depends on which book they purchased and also which new readers have you interacted with.
- Get a professional website– In this phase, you will let the readers know where to get hold of you and your book, and also, they will be able to get information about you once you create your website on WordPress or any other website where readers can find you personally.
- Be selective- Choose one or two social media platforms you can use to engage with your readers using many social media platforms might overwhelm you if you have only started writing a book you can choose which one is suitable for you to use.
- Engage- In this phase, you will get to interact with readers who have reacted to your book and who also want to engage with you about the book and when will inspiration hit you again to write another book.
- Put your reader first- This phase will help you to know the readers who took their time to give reviews or comments about your book and the readers who want you to respond to their questions and also get more information about the book and yourself you do not have to have a large audience to interact with once you start small you will be able to address all of your readers’ concerns before you get to manage a large following, it can take days, months and even years to get your book to be reached by million readers.
- Follow the data– In this phase you will be able to gather data and also know what kind of data you will use to attract the readers you want and all also get your book to the reader and you will also know what to do and what not to do and how you can track down how your book is doing.
- Tap into your professional and personal network– In this phase, you will be able to let your readers know when you will release your new book or you will give away some prizes or give thanks to your readers for the support it can be on your social media or email.
Digital Marketing will assist Authors/Writers in ways you could not imagine are possible it will also help them to be equipped digitally and also help them manage their lives and tasks individually and successfully and also keeping themselves up to date with your readers and the world.