Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan
With the corona-virus we have seen the high demand for online education and thus the need that these online education institutions should plan to market them better to prove legitimacy and ease of access to online education.
This is a digital marketing plan that is outlined to help an online education institution on how best to market themselves towards their target audience and who their target audience is.
Short-term goals :
- Provide education on an online platform that is easy to access.
- Prove that the online education business/institution is legitimate and accredited both locally and international.
- Have classes scheduled to the best of an individual’s needs and availability.
- Be recognised as the best online education providers for online learning.
Buyer persona of online education:
- Age 18-40,
- Individuals looking to self-improve themselves or
- Someone who has other motivational interests.
1. Improve current social media interaction for digital marketing plan
If you are an online education institution there’s no better place than to find your target audience on social media.
You can find your target audience using the following social media sites to your benefit:
- Facebook : Has the widest audience and will allow your online education institution to build it’s online brand as well as create meaningful interactions with your target audience.
- YouTube : Being the second most visited site in the world, it can definitely be said that one should use YouTube for video marketing as it’s the king of the social media video marketing space.
- Instagram : Aside from Instagram having a 10 times more engagement rate than Facebook, however it’s all visual design allows it to be the perfect space to market your brand.
2. Improving your unique selling point for the digital marketing plan
By improving your unique selling point it means that your whole marketing strategy is based upon what makes your “Online Education Institution” unique.
For example, constantly marketing that you have International award winning lecturers at your Online Education Institution or that you are an International award winning Online Education Institution.
3. Constantly research the market and your competition
With the corona-virus we have seen the rapid increase of education being offered online so take the time to research Universities and fellow Online Education Institution’s, research how they are dealing with providing online education.
Market research can also help you identify which qualifications are in high demand from your target audience.
4. Expand your Online Education Institution through Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To increase awareness around your Online Education Institution use Knowledgeable SEO content writers. In the following manner :
- SEO will allow your institution to rank higher on searches for “Online Education Institution’s”.
- First promote and offer your services within your region of origin, for example only in South Africa and then expand internationally as brand awareness grows through higher search ranking and word of mouth service.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Create a website and mobile application
Create a website that has an easy user interface, that is accessible both locally and internationally. Make sure that your website is mobile accessible, meaning that a mobile website version is available.
Ensure that your mobile application is user friendly and is also enabled to let users exit towards the web version.
- Sign in to Google Analytics
Link your website to google analytics this will help your business with Search Engine Optimization and Marketing purposes.
The Reports generated on google analytics will give you important information about key areas of your business such as for example, “Realtime” and your “Audience”, “Behaviour” of visitors and “Conversions” helping you to keep track of specific transactions that visitors are taking, etc.
This tool will also help the business better understand their customers.
- Sign in to Google My Business
Google My Business is free tool, and a platform for business listing, online presence, search results and Maps
The business listing can appear in 3 ways: Knowledge panel, Local pack and Google Maps.
With Google My Business you will be able to promote your business profile and business website on Google search and Maps.
Being on Google My Business will enable the business to connect with customers, post updates on your business profile and be able to see how customers are interacting with the business on Google.
- Create a blog section on your website
- You can use this section for the following:
- To promote the latest courses that are up for offer.
- Go in-depth about what the business stands for.
- Inform your customers or target audience about things that they are not aware of.
- Promote and establish your brand
- Here you have to follow step 1 through till step 4 above of the Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan .
- Making sure that your brand is recognized as the best
- Market your brand as unique.
- Make use of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for a higher search ranking.
- Have a well structured content marketing plan.
- Make use of various marketing platforms for example, Facebook-Paid advertising, radio advertising, etc.
- Do the following to improve the business content on social media
- Follow step 1 and step 2 of the Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan.
- Research competitors and market industry on regular basis
- Follow step 3 of the Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan.
- Points on how to improve your content on social media
- Follow step 1 of the Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan and develop a marketing division in-house as time grows.
- SEO can help the business rank higher
- Follow the guidance of step 4 of the Informative part of the Digital Marketing Plan.
- In conclusion this is a digital marketing plan outlined to help “Online Education Institutions” achieve optimal outcome. The Digital Marketing Plan if used purposely an Online Education Institutions can become unique at offering it’s services.
If you happen to doubt the importance of investing in digital marketing plan, take the time to read the article here-How Digital Marketing Affects Businesses.
- Digital Marketing Analyst at International Institute of Digital Marketing™