The pharma industry does not really have an online presence as much as you’d see in different industries. However, due to the pandemic and trends changing, pharma companies are looking into investing in digital marketing to better reach their audience or generate traffic and sales. If you are in the pharmaceutical industry, keep reading to learn more about how or what kind of strategy is right for a pharma company!
What is your current status in the digital world.
Before we can move on to deciding on what to do on any digital platform. We need to assess and analyze the current position of the company in the digital world
- Does the company have a website, google my business/ google account, and social media accounts?
Websites and social media accounts are important in order to reach your audience. The above mentioned are a way for the audience to visit your accounts to learn more about your offerings and what exactly the business does. The website and accounts are also viewed by potential employees or job hunters to learn more about the company and work environment.
Understanding your goals and requirements.
Now that you have analyzed the current position of the company, the digital marketing goals can be set.
Identify and set the goals which can be long or short term.
(Note: Make sure the goals are S.M.A.R.T)
Short term goals- Researching on keywords that can be used to generate content.
Long term goals- Investing in SEO, a seo campaign takes a min of 6 months to a year to be able to be ranked on the first page of the search engine results page
Social media platforms and website are crucial when it comes to SEO as the content available on the platforms is used for search engine optimization.
Moreover, the platforms are a great way to create a relationship with the target audience.
Platforms are used to inform and spread awareness about products, offers, services, illness, diseases, etc.
Note: In order to create social media accounts for the business, a personal account is needed on all the platforms that would be used.
Consistency is key!
- Content is important especially for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Content needs to be generated continuously using targeted keywords
- Invest in creative posts and social media ads/management
- Communicate to your audience/customers through the platforms.
- There should be at least 3 minimum posts on the account daily.
- Research on keywords that can be used and are more likely to help reach the audience
- Set a timeline for how long the campaign will be. (Tip: SEO takes minimum 3-6 months to be ranked on the first page of the SERP)
- Set aside a budget/investment for the campaign. Budget will also include ad spend and keyword bidding.
- Update blogs regularly.
- Set up a Google Ads account
- Set up social media accounts
In Conclusion, Digital Marketing is not only a way to achieve the sales target, generate profit, etc. It has become a way to make your audience aware of the different health issues or diseases that exist and what product you can offer to help them or solve their problem. This can be done through understanding what exactly the goal of the campaign is and how it can be achieved.
For more information, visit our website: thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org