The jewelry business is a unique market. People of all ages love to buy Jewelry, whether it’s diamonds or beads. With the rise of social media and online businesses, competition is high; developing a brand that stands out and engages customers can be difficult. But luckily, effective digital marketing can help you attain your goals.
Know Your Audience
The Jewelry market is very broad. Depending on what type of Jewelry you’re selling, your target demographic could be women from the ages of 13 to 60+. For special occasions – like Valentine’s Day or Christmas, your customers may be more male-dominated. Keeping this in mind, some ways to use this information to your advantage is:
- Advertise on social media platforms that your intended demographic uses the most. For Example, if you’re targeting teenagers, try promoting your brand on TikTok or Instagram. If you’re demographic consists of Millennials and up, try Facebook or YouTube.
- Keep up with trends and pop culture when your audience is younger. Create content that will appeal to Gen Z; try to include yourself in different trends on TikTok.
- For holidays like Valentine’s Day, men tend to buy Jewelry during this time for the women in their lives; some might find this challenging. Creating relatable and helpful content might help gain more customers.
Measure your Success
If you were to advertise through billboards or TV commercials, it might have been difficult to measure your success accurately. But, thanks to social media, this problem no longer exists, and analyzing your business is easier than ever.
- Use Google Analytics to see statistics and basic analytical tools for SEO and marketing purposes.
- Use this if you use Instagram to promote your business. It will help increase engagement, optimize stories, drive traffic and more
Now that you know how your business is doing, create some goals! If you use SMART goals, it will help you to achieve your goals. Creating goals is an excellent way to be more organized and is a great motivator to get things done.
For example if these are your concerns:
- Your social media content isn’t engaging.
- Negative reviews/comments as people are upset with high shipping charges and delays in delivery.
- Customers have stopped purchasing from your brand and support your competitor more.
How can you fix this?
- If your social media content isn’t engaging, ask yourself why? Are you not keeping up with recent trends? Is your content repetitive? Ask yourself from a consumer point of view what you would like to see from your favorite brands.
- If people are upset with shipping, address it! Post a message on your feed, explain how you will fix it, and make sure you do. Consumers tend to support brands that listen to their concerns.
- See what your competitor is doing differently. Are their products more unique? Do they post more on social media? Try something different for your brand; perhaps 10% of all purchases go to a charity. Do something that makes people want to support your brand.
To sum up, this is our strategy for a successful jewelry business:
- Determine who your audience is and learn how to advertise to them
- Analyze what your business is doing right and what you need to improve on
- Create SMART goals and find ways to achieve them
These tips will surely help your small business grow!
About the Author
Sameeha Rahman is an intern from The International Institute of Digital Marketing ™