Beauty and personal care is a multi-billion dollar industry. This industry revolves around beauty and seeks to enhance your natural features by producing innovative products that should be safe to use. With this market being saturated with new upcoming beauty and skincare brands, and several beauty salons and therapists to choose from, it’s very important for your business to stand-out from the crowd.
Tips to have a successful beauty salon
- Measure your current success
– Look at your current business and list what currently works.
– Look carefully at your social media pages and how you can improve them to attract more clients. If you do not have a social media page, setup one immediately.
– Ask yourself : Do I have enough followers , do I have enough engagement on my pages with my followers, is my reach big enough?
- Ideas to grow your clientele
Enough will never be enough, and so with clients as well…you can never have enough business, so it’s important to know how you can grow your clientele and grow your business.
– Engage with your community – Word of mouth can be your best friend
If you are a small business, it’s important to become familiar and to engage with the demographic that surrounds you. Interact with your target audience, your current clients as well as potential clients. Not only will it raise brand awareness, but it will build trust within your brand.
-Send out a newsletter
- Ask clients if they are interested in subscribing to a newsletter
- Newsletter can be monthly, weekly, quarterly
- Newsletter can build trust in your brand
- Important information can be included in your letter, new price lists ect.
-Be active on your social media pages.
- Post at least one or two posts a day
- Reply to comments and inbox messages
- Update your profile with new relevant information
- Have a good , clear cover photo and profile picture
- End of month specials are always a good way to attract clients
- Mid-month specials
- Offer packages, 2 for 1 ect.
- Loyalty program can also be introduced to returning clients over a period of time
Identify what your goals are
Short- Term Goals:
- Within three months, I want to have 5-10 new clients
- Within four months, I want to reach atleast 2000 followers on my social media pages from the existing 900 followers
- Within 7 months, I want to have 15 new clients
- Within 8 months, I want to have at least 3000 followers on Instagram and 1000 followers on Facebook.
- Within 9 months, I want to buy some new equipment
Create a digital presence
Create your own digital online presence and footprint
The internet is the perfect place to get your business out there and to attract new clients. Especially for the younger generations who are digital natives, for them if it’s not online it does not exist. So to have an attractive online presence will certainly grow your business.
With the internet being easily accessible , there are many online businesses which means more competition .
Why is having a webpage so important?
Because 81% of shoppers conduct online research before buying any product, you need a place where they can easily find information about your business. What you sell and why, who you are, your product, reviews from previous buyers to bring that extra credibility to your brand and could convert a visitor into a client.
A professional-looking website is not a luxury anymore but an essential part of your E-commerce if you want it to succeed.
Google my business
Google My Business is one of the best and easiest ways to provide visibility to your E-commerce so it can be found online.
With a few clicks, you can set it up totally free, list your business location on Google Maps and local search results and gain reviews from customers that already got your product/service
Google My Business is critical since the digital world is changing into a fast-phase buying model. more and more people buy online using their phones. They do little research on the type of product/service they want to get, and Google My Business will automatically show first the best-rated and optimized business nearby.
Identify your USP (Unique Selling Point)
-Narrow down your target audience – mostly woman/girls
-What problem or need are solving – personal care, relaxation
-What is something unique about the services you offer – do you offer free beverages? Online appointment making? Open on Saturdays?
Know your competition
Look around in your location and see what other beauty salons are your direct competition.
Compare yourself to your competition and see how you can improve your services
Look online at other salons webpages and online platforms
Invest in your Content
Content, Content, Content
Schedule your content to make sure you always have a post going out
Be active on social media
Design attractive content that fits into your brand
Design business cards, newsletters, photo’s
Social media is very important – have a active engaging social media platform
Use trending hashtags
Captions and emojis are important
Post with a location
Tag relevant pages
Use SEO to gain traffic
- Improve your SEO score
Start your own blog: Having a blog is one of the most efficient ways to improve your SEO, and it’s totally free. It helps Google to see that your webpage is active, it retains people on your webpage for a longer time and if you post relevant content that follows the user intent, like for example, if you post a guide called “how to make the best cupcake ever in 20 minutes”, it will pair with the user intent of “how to make a cupcake”. Keep in mind that people use Google for pretty much everything, and that is query-based, so it’s important to pair what people search with what you want them to find!
- Improve your webpage loading speed: We mentioned before that having a slow loading speed (or just not loading at all), would discourage most, if not all, of the viewers that reach your webpage, but it will also give you a pretty bad SEO score from Google since they aim for a better user experience using their search engine.
- Make sure that your webpage is well optimized for mobile phone users: Around 54.46% of the users of Google search stuff through their phone
- Optimize your URLs: Long links are not user-friendly. People prefer short and catchy URLs that are made up of a few easy-to-understand words. For more information on how to optimize your URL click here
Strategic Analysis for A’s Beauty Lab
Short- Term Goals:
To grow social media following to 2000 followers or more
To grow clientele with 5-10 new clients
To grow clientele with 15 new clients
To have 3,000 followers by the end of 2021.
Buy new equipment
Employ a beauty therapist
We made a To-do list with all the steps that you should follow step by step to help your business to increase its visibility, reach and sales :
1. Create a webpage
Since your business is pretty new, we would set the basis for its future success by getting a webpage that will be the center of all the online traffic we want to direct to maximize your sales. It’s pretty cheap and easy to make your webpage and have it working in no time. You can go to NameCheap or Godaddy, among others, to have your domain and hosting done.
2. Establish your branding
We need to establish what is your brand, and why is it different from others. Set a branding guideline that will establish your presence on the market in a way that, in the long run, customers will distinguish you from the competitors. When you hear from a brand that people remember or instantly recognize, that brings trust to it, and trust will increase your sales.
3. Sign in to Google My Business
This will help you to start building your digital fingerprint, the same way as the webpage does, and is another of the first steps that we should follow since is free. It will help you to reach local potential customers, and you will start getting reviews that will get you credibility and insight into what your customers think about your product. Once MethsLab creates their website, they can utilize SEO tools to help achieve their goals!
4. Start a blog linked to your webpage
A blog as we mentioned before, will help you improve the SEO of your webpage, and I think that in your type of business a lot of people would be interested in seeing how you make your desserts. Video tutorials of you dipping strawberries into chocolate, showing new yummy recipes, a way to show the quality of your products, the whole process until the final results…It’s a win-win idea that brings so much value to the table and will help you to convert viewers into customers. Also, from the COVID point of view, it is nice if you show on your videos how you follow all the safety measures, to gain some extra trust from possible customers.
5. Do proper research of your competitors
Follow the steps mentioned before on point 5)
6. Few tips to improve your content on social media
You should post video tutorials or new recipes for your stories and general content on Instagram.
You got beautiful pictures of your products on Instagram, and all you need is more valuable content that people want to follow, like, and share. That’s why investing in more BTS, tutorials, and recipes, in general, will bring you great results.
Once you increase your followers and improve a bit your content, consider doing collaborations with people with a large social media following and do occasional giveaways of your product in exchange for sharing your content and asking friends to like it.