The Car Rental Business market has the potential to grow extensively in the next few years, some of the main reasons are the global economic crises, rising fuel prices, growing traffic and maintenance expenses. Due to the growth of car rental/leasing, people are starting to realize that owning a car is no longer necessary.
The Car Rental Business gives consumers more options when it comes to selecting the right car in terms of seating space, comfort, luxury, and, of course, driveability for those who choose to drive alone. Customers can choose vehicles based on their needs for the current moment.
So if you are setting up or already own a car rental business, you must ensure you are fully capitalising on the market opportunity with a well-planned business strategy and a strong marketing strategy. Below you can find some Keys to a Successful Car Rental Marketing Strategy.
1. Establish your Brand
Your brand is your identity, so you must ensure it is well established. The name, tagline, colours, style, and overall theme all come together to form your chosen brand. Once you’ve finished creating your brand, the rest of the process of growing your company will be much simpler.
2. Create a positive First impression
It is important to set the foundations for the company’s growth right from the start. Ensuring customers have a positive first impression is the best way to go, a well-developed website/app to search for cars would serve as a good starting point. Also, provide excellent customer service, enable clients to contact you by live chat or phone in case they have any immediate or ongoing questions.
3. Know your target audience
This is crucial in every business, knowing who your target audience is will help you to create a marketing strategy that is tailored to them. You must conduct an in-depth research to find out; who are your customers, what are they looking for in a car rental company? what type of future services would they be available? And etc. You may develop a marketing strategy based on the responses. Is it reliable, intelligent, and promoting the brand’s values in the right way?
4. Invest in digital marketing tools
There are many things that must be taken into consideration when it comes to digital marketing. For the car rental business there are many types of tools that can be used, for example social media marketing, email marketing, mobile marketing, SEO and video marketing. So here are some tips of how to make the most of these tools to grow your car rental business.
- Social media marketing – you must ensure useful contents are being posted on your social media on a regular basis. The posts could cover information about your services or products, for example the addition of new vehicles to your inventory and exclusive discount deals, events the company is promoting and etc.
- Video Marketing – for a car rental business, video marketing can be a powerful tool to create materials to promote the company inventory or even share videos from other sources which matter to your target audience in order to increase engagement with your customers in the company’s social media.
- SEO – SEO helps your website to rank higher in search engine results, it is a low-cost strategy that everyone, even small businesses, can use to generate high-quality traffic on their web page. Your future clients will definitely search for your services on search engines like Google, Bing and others when they require a car rental service. So you must ensure your business rank for the relevant key words, otherwise you will be missing out on search traffic and leads. To read more about the importance of SEO check this link Why is SEO important for businesses?
5. Know your competitors
This is a key component of the marketing strategy for your car rental business. understanding how your competitors operate and keep tracking how they promote their business. This will help you to analyse what tactics you can ‘’borrow’’ from them, and tactics you should not use as it could have a negative impact in your business.
6. Keep a strong relationship with your customers
A strong relationship with your customer is one of the main foundations of your business. Always be pleasant and communicative with your clients. React quickly to any complaints or reviews. This will increase your customer loyalty, ensuring your customers will only look for your company when they need a service from a car rental business.
7. Website/app design
One of the most important aspects of your website, it’s the way it looks. People would not be interested in what you have to sell if your website is difficult to use or it does not have a nice design. Good design can help to attract customers and make doing business with your company easier. In your car rental business is very important your website is easy to use, you should consider if your future or current clients can easily find the vehicles based on their needs, for example you could divide the vehicles by sections; family cars, electric cars and so on. This will enable your clients to get a faster and easier experience while renting from your business.
The right marketing plan, if used appropriately, will boost your company’s service requests. Also , Digital marketing, regardless of the size of your company, has the ability to expand your business unlike anything else.If you want to learn more about Digital Marketing visit our website https://thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org
Author – Isabella Silva, Certified Digital Marketing Master from International Institute Of Digital Marketing™.