Digital marketing Strategy for Fitness Centers
A health club can be defined as a service facility designed to provide specialist equipment for physical health exercises. In certain cases, women are given special consideration, providing women only with fitness clubs, where all the staff, including coaches, are women, and they are both male and female. The setting is usually casual so that consumers have a friendly atmosphere that can help them do bodybuilding and other exercises easily.
The 2006 survey showed that a total of 29,069 health clubs with over 41,3 million members were based in the USA. California, NY, Texas, FL, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Alabama were almost 49.5 percent 2 of these health clubs. See the following map for market share in the top 10 countries. According to a 2007 survey by the IHR Association, 29,636 health clubs have 41,5 million3 members and 29,636 have been reported to be in place in the U.S. Almost 20,4 million and 17,2 million4 non-professional health clubs participating in commercial affairs have a combined membership. Almost 20,4 million and 17,2 million4 members of non-profit fitness club health clubs are members of health clubs that are active in trade. Healthcare and wellness are still increasing in the US, though it has been involved for over two decades. Currently, the total number of members with an average household income of $76 million is 41,3 million. Market coverage in the United States is just 14 percent 7 of the population, with an enormous growth opportunity in coming years.
- Health club market globally has grown rapidly in the last 10 years, following are the key points related to health club members.
- Out of the total population willing for fitness centers, 48% are male and 52% female.
- Average annual income of health club member is $76,000. ¬ On average health club member attends 92 days per year in their club.
- Most widely used health club program is personal training.
- Top area of development in health clubs is cardiovascular equipment.
Health care club industry has been changing its trends very quickly of late.
- Last five years have seen major changes in trends such as following:
- Individual usage of fitness and health care training equipment has increased.
- Body work out and exercise has become a daily life routine of many Americans in the last decade.
- Fitness memberships are increasingly getting popular in office environment.
- Companies are including health memberships as part of employee remuneration package
Health care club market is getting more and more demanding with the passage of time. Following are the common demands that have arisen in recent past.
1. Customization: People who already have a membership or those who are willing to have one, are interested in subscribing to a customized health care plan according to their requirements or as per the recommendation of a medical expert.
2. Ease of Service: People are looking for exercises that are easy to adopt and are performed by expert trainers.
3. Effectiveness of Exercise: Members are very demanding over results of the exercises which they are performing. An expert trainer can be helpful in setting a proper exercise plan for the members so they can work out accordingly.
Digital marketing Strategy
Information is key.
Use your website to answer your potential clients’ questions.
Here are some things about your gym or health club:
- List of amenities
- What is included in a membership?
- Class times
- How to sign up
Know your target audience.
Know who you want to attract, too. Is this anyone with a minimal schedule, a body-maker, cross-fitters, yoga moms?
Provide details that matches the needs of your target audience.
The best way to do so is to know the difficulties the audience encounters when you go to a fitness center or buy a membership. Let them know that you are here to help them solve these problems and make them as simple as possible.
Make it easy for clients to schedule classes online — on desktop and mobile.
Consumers are moving in an extremely fast-paced world these days, so help them by providing the easiest route to sign up.
Don’t forget to sweeten the deal. Offering a free class or unique offer the first time they book online is a great way to get new clients in the door.
Benefits of a Winning Social Media Strategy
Think about how you look on a normal day. You wake up, check your socials, and swipe through your emails and enter the day. The majority of people are never too away from a social media notification, so smartphones are such a large part of modern society. Five advantages of a successful social media campaign are presented here.
1. Establish Authority.
Your social media strategy will help to create brand authority through consistent visual branding, messaging and branding. You demonstrate your fitness industry experience when you include useful content in your social media or live streams. This demonstrates why a potential client should decide to fix a challenge or achieve a new fitness objective.
2. Engage with Your Audience
You need to work together with your members to create a meaningful brand experience with outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Your social media networks are a great place to connect with your members and build positive relationships. Often, anyone first searches for information about your socials or through a direct message. It makes people feel good about the experience when you interact with your audience.
3. Drive Traffic
Each social media profile of your web site is a gateway. You lose the chance to push more traffic if you don’t make use of social media as part of your broader digital marketing plan.
4. Build Awareness and Brand Loyalty
Social media is one of the most cost-efficient ways to build brand awareness. Although it takes time and consistency, you can increase your brand’s visibility. By sharing content and encouraging user-generated content, you can engage with a broader audience and drive value.
Provide Value First, Sell Second
Many trainers erroneously drive from a reduction in price to an extras one promotion after another, but have little or no response. The problem is that before the sale, the audience is not told about you / your business.
Think about high-quality offerings, in particular and get yourself in the shoes of the consumer. Do you not want to know that the service meets your needs, and before you spend your own time and resources the service provider is credible?
You need to practice in your fitness center before the customer cares what it takes to train at your fitness centre. You do this through some free-of-charge material. This can be an entertainment video of food tips or a free seminar.You do so by providing some information free-of-cost. This can be a video with nutrition tips or a free seminar, anything that presents you and your gym as the solution to what the customer needs.
When you have hooked the buyer, you are perfectly prepared to present the purchase proposal and succeed.
The higher the price of your service, the longer before the delivery you have to make the investment valuable for persuading the prospective customer.
Whilst on the surface and for the average consumers, they are used to network with and maintain contact with friends, marketers and entrepreneurs realize that the true genius of social media is to endeavor to have people auto-identify their hobbies, interests.
Content generation, budget setting and the goal of your audiences is one of the most open ways of advertising for gym owners to use paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram. This is not to assume that while running your ads you would be as successful as a reputable digital media firm.
The greatest force in social media ads is the unique character of the information that can be used by specific consumer groups. Age, gender and zip code are enough, but they don’t stop there to beat conventional advertisements. A lot of information about what people see, purchase and respond to ads can be found on Facebook.
Learn how to use their marketing resources efficiently to make a good return on investment and use the statistics of the advertising to progress from one marketing campaign to the next.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO refers to Website owners’ tactics used to position search results higher and thereby create increased traffic. There are several criteria that engines such as Google use to decide when and how high the site is recommended to users compared to competitors. Your chief considerations when designing or maintaining a site should be:
- Information Accuracy – If Google detects discrepancies in information like your address and phone number, your page rank will likely be lowered.
- Content Quality – Search engines try to serve users the best content in their results and use calculations like how long users stay on a page to judge whether the content is worthy of ranking highly.
- Relevant Keywords – Words and phrases you want to appear for in search results must be present in the text on your page and in the alt text for any photos you use.
- Mobile Compatibility – With greater than 60% of searches originating on mobile devices, Google prioritizes sites that are optimized for mobile rather than displaying a desktop-size webpage on-screen.
Email marketing can be very successful at a low cost. A monthly newsletter about activities, promotions, member success stories and so forth should be sent at a minimum. This helps maintain the engagement of your existing clientele and shows non-member subscribers that you run an active group in which health is achieved.
Moreover, content is created for various audiences in groups such as fans, prospects, community health interests, weight training, etc. An additional move beyond newsletters. This is a very useful tool, such as Mailchimp, which allows you to easily use custom tags to identify subscribers, thereby providing them with the correct content.
There are two important characteristics of email marketing that distinguish it from other forms:
- You have total control over your message and delivery. Unlike search engines and social media sites that continuously change policies and filter your content through their algorithms, email is a more direct line between you and the recipient and allows you to distribute content in your preferred way.
- Email is the most direct way to communicate with a user; you’re sending information to them individually rather than putting it out there to see who bites. As such, you must have permission to contact them via email. This can be a statement agreed to in a waiver form at the gym or an opt-in form on your website.
You will enjoy starting a fitness blog and boosting your content marketing if you have a writer’s skill and want to share your perspectives. You should have deeper content than the short, fast-hit social media post on your blog, which is ideally located on your business website to drive the traffic there. If you write original content, it will appear in search results and lead more users to your site and expose them to your business.
- What real-life questions do you encounter with clients?
- What specialty knowledge do you have that is not broadly known across the web?
- What values represent you/your brand the most?
Promote constructive social media analysis and your Google Business list so that potential customers can look at the real experience of your businesspeople and gain trust in your reputation and ethics.
If you have a good rating or a customer offers outstanding reviews in person, you can make it the focus of a thorough testimony on your website or share it on social media. As already reported, video can catch the eye of visitors and keep an eye on them.