Country Coffee is a locally owned chain of drive-thru espresso stands located in Oregon. Using their brand, we will establish the best marketing strategies for small coffee shop businesses alike.
Focus on your Unique Selling Position and Competitive Advantage
- Narrow down your target audience, explain the problem you solve, identify your uniqueness aside from others. More importantly, research your competition and learn from their social networks, impressions, marketing, etc.
1- Farmed in microlots
• Which are small farms, compared to large farms that are not taken care of producing a larger crop.
• Coffee crops need specific shade, sunlight, rainfall. How it is grown, picked, dried and peeled also makes a difference.
• We will partner with a private supplier to obtain such crops from private microlots where the coffee is taken care of
• A microlot also means that the coffee crops have been tested for quality and are grown to obtain special characterstics.
• Our coffee will be a single origin where it will be farmed in Guatemala. Guatemalan coffee is considered one of the best coffee quality producers in the world because it is grown on the mountainside at 1200 – 1700 meters above sea level. This helps the crops to develop a more intense flavor.
2- Fresh and recently roasted
• Our coffee will be freshly roasted unlike other stores.
• Coffee is best to drink it after 15 days of the roast date, once the coffee beans are roasted, they have a strong aroma that goes away quickly.
•Our products are shipped by air instead of the sea, therefore our products are ready to be grinded within 15 days unlike other stores.
• We will mainly roast medium or lightly roasted coffee, because these roasts keep the coffee flavour the longest.
3- Consistent Grind Size
• When grinding the coffee, the main goal is to obtain a controlled extraction.
• The final coffee flavor depends mainly on grinding it.
• Grinding coffee beans increase the surface area when it comes into contact with water. The coarseness of the grind affects water’s ability to pass thus, affecting the brew time and the extraction process.
• A finer grind has the particles of the coffee closer together which means that water will take more time to pass through, meaning that there is more surface are leading to efficient extraction.
• Two factors mainly affect the grind size: the brewing technique and the machine (fully automatic, semi-automatic or manual).
4- Ground before the brew
• It is important to grind the coffee just before drinking it
• We will grind our coffee per usage as the coffee goes stale after 3 days of grinding.
• If a coffee is under extracted it will tase sour, acidic, or salty. If it’s over extracted it will taste bitter, therefore we will hire professionals to handle quality in a cup of coffee.
5- Made with ratios & measurement
• Brewing coffee is like a chemical reaction if its not done right it will result in over or under tasting.
• Coffee needs a lot of technique to provide an excellent taste: the brewing, grind size, coffee machine, water temperature and consistency are all measures of the success of a quality cup of coffee.
• That is why we will have a quality tester, to test and record our coffee for better improvements and for the future.
6- Coffee options
• Beforehand, we conducted a search for the most used word on google relating to coffee and it was caffeine. Customers want to know how much caffeine in their coffee so we offer a selection of caffeine variety in cold/hot drinks that contain coffee as well as decaf of course.
• We recommend a selection of specific coffees such as decaf for caffeine sensitivity and will expand as our business grows.
• Our coffee will be positioned in the high-quality brands, that is worth buying.
•Not only do we offer coffee, but we will have a signature of limited bakery items such as muffins, cakes, cookies, cinnamon buns, croissants, granola bars, yogurt cups and parfaits.
7- Barista certification
• We train and hire employees who hold a certification from the “Canadian Barista & Coffee academy”. We will assure that these employees follow professionalism for making quality drinks, served in a proper time manner.
•Our semi-automatic machines must be operated by someone experienced in brewing the perfect cup of coffee.
Identify Goals and Business/marketing objectives
1- Product: To create a product with the highest quality on the market whose primary goal to exceed customer’s expectations
2- Target Market: We will target mainly people who are looking to get a high-quality cup of coffee served with exceptional service. We focus on age segmentation.
3- Brand : We strive to develop a brand awareness through a steady month to month increase of customer segmentation
4- Environment: We will recycle our cups and offer cardboard straws to protect ocean mammals as well as organic coffee free of pesticides
5- Business: To develop a start-up business, surviving off of its own cash flow
• Our USP: We strive to deliver the highest quality in a cup of coffee from when the coffee is in the ground till it goes to your cup.
• Locations: We will mainly open in the busiest places of the city and offer parking near our stores. We will also provide bike racks because some customers do not drive cars.
• Partnership: We will partner with hotels and breakfast places to serve our coffee, that way we get a more viewing from potential long-term customers.
• We will do a soft opening, inviting people to come and try our products in store, to test which products will be tried the most and gather some potential reviews on the spot from people.
Have Social Media Goals:
Goals can either be short-term (ranging between 0-6 months), or you can have a long-term goal (6 months +).
- Open Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Identify niche content to your business that gains most attraction
- Be consistent with posting
- Have 5 000 followers on instagram and twitter within a year
- Develop a strong niche
- Use instagram insights
Go Even Further
- Use trending hashtags
- Schedule your content
- Be creative
- Add value and emotion to your content
- SEO is your best friend for gaining traffic