(The following info is based on a small Beauty business – Beziek Beauty)
To grow your business and generate more sales you will need to have a digital marketing strategy that drives you in the right direction. Before you can determine the perfect digital strategy for your business you will need to analyze a few things first! Analyzing your current business success and then creating appropriate goals would be a good start.
If you are a small business specializing in beauty products and accessories, continue reading to find how your business can grow their digital platforms and generate more sales!
The following information is the Digital Marketing Strategy plan for the business – Beziek Beauty.
The 1st Step – Analyze your current success! This is important!
This means looking at the analytics of the current digital platforms that you use for your business. Therefore, if you use Facebook or Instagram then good tools would be the Instagram Insights and Facebook Analytics.
Beziek Beauty is currently only on Instagram. We can draw important information from their Instagram Analytics.
From the above info we can see that-
- The page has reached an average of 1406 accounts during 22 September to 28 September 2021. 1324 of those were non-followers and 82 accounts were followers.
- Reels have generated the most engagement, with posts coming in second.
- The account is getting most of its engagement from Cape Town.
- There are currently a total of 113 followers on the page mostly between the ages of 18-24.
- Majority of the audience are women (66.7%) and 33.3% are men.
Secondly Identify your Digital Goals – Short & Long term
It is important to set your goals so that you know what you need to work towards that will ensure the success of your business. This will also help you identify the appropriate strategies that you should use to achieve your goals.
Using the SMART marketing goals method is the best way to set your goals.
The following goals are the goals of Beziek Beauty:
Short Term –
· Increase following to 20 – 50 extra followers per month
· Create 3 Reels videos per month
· Create a Facebook page
· Increase more men followers (have a competition aimed at the male audience)
· Post more consistently (every second/ third day)
· Create a Twitter page
· Sell at least 10 items per month
Long Term –
· Be able to sell on bigger platforms (Superbalist)
· Have 5000 followers
· Have 50+ good reviews on Twitter
· Sell more products aimed at the male audience
· Sell 50 + items per month
3Rd – Focus on your unique selling position.
What does this entail? Well, start by:
1. Narrowing down your target audience.
2. Explain what problem you solve.
3. Do you offer something unique that no other beauty business offers?
4. Do you have something exclusive that is hard to copy?
5. Do you want to introduce a loyalty card?
6. Offer quick delivery as this is always appealing to your customers.
7. Lastly, focus on your branding. Make sure your logo and colours are easily recognisable and reflected in everything you do (taglines,fonts,logo, business cards, package stickers, social media colours and content)
Therefore, Beziek Beauty needs to:
1. Focus their content to attract more people between the ages 18 – 30.
2. Provide trendy and relevant beauty products such as make up, face and body care as well as good quality accessories.
3. There are homemade Body Silks (which is a silky body butter) that are unique.
4. This is something the business needs to work on.
5. This would ensure that you have a loyal clientele who will continue supporting your business and speaking to their friends about it.
6. Currently delivery takes between 5-7 days. So maybe 3-4 days would make the customers happier.
7. Logo and colours can be presented more on content across social media platforms. Videos/ Reels need to communicate what the business stands and radiate positive, caring attitudes. Fonts across posts should be consistent.
4th – Research your competition
Research your competition on social media as well as google results.
Researching your competition gives you insights on why people choose to buy from you. Researching competition helps you identify gaps in the market, you can use it as leverage to keep your business one step ahead.
Comparison between KNDY Kosmetics & Beziek Beauty:
- Has a more consistent brand image
- Has more engagement on instagram
- Posts are good quality
- Posts don’t feel human
- A lot of comments are promotion accounts that come off as ‘spammy’
- Has more variety in products
- Posts seem more human
- Cheaper prices
- Not too original, too much like the competition
- No consistent brand image
5th- Content is key, being active and scheduling content
Creating content keeps customers engaged and up to date on new products, sales and promotions. 91% of people prefer visual content over written content, 80% of people skim over written content and only 20% read the content . This shows how important social media posts are.
Therefore Beziek Beauty needs to:
- Post more often on Instagram reels, this would bring more reach
- They should schedule content twice a day at 2am-11am CST
- Use consistent fonts and colours that are brand specific
- Add their logo on certain posts
6th- Social Media
Social media has replaced traditional marketing specifically in advertising, with paid promotions and making use of social media influencers to promote products. Social media also make it easier for businesses to connect with customers in a more human way. Tik Tok is a great example because you don’t need to have a specific niche, being relatable is what Tik Tok is all about at the moment. Creating content that aligns with current trends are a great way to ensure that your content stays shareable and noticeable.
There’s a little trick that’s good to use when it comes to using hashtags, choosing a hashtag never choose the hashtags that have 100k+ uses if your page only has 1000 followers. Choosing the hashtag with the most uses doesn’t mean you’ll get more reach, it only means your content will end up getting lost under all the pages with a bigger following.
Therefore Beziek Beauty needs to:
- Make use of at least 15 hashtags per post (Instagram allows 30max)
- Make sure the hashtags are under 100k uses
2. Create Engaging Posts
Creating engaging posts allows your audience to interact with your posts more often, therefore, creating good content is important. Instagram algorithm measures your account by the amount of engagement you have. Instagram gives you a 20min window after you post and within these 20mins you should respond to your comments in order to further boost your post.
Therefore, Beziek Beauty needs to:
- Ask questions in their posts and create informational posts
- Create educational posts and educate customers on their products
- Create infographics
- Ask customers what products they would buy again or what they would like to buy in future
- Encourage customers to tag their friends and family in the comments
3. Making use of more social media platforms
The more social media platforms the better. About 27 million people in South Africa use Facebook compared to 10 million on instagram. Having reviews builds trust. New customers always want to know if the product can be trusted before purchasing.
Beziek Beauty needs to:
- Make use of Facebook marketplace as well as use Facebook as a customer review platform
- Use Tik Tok as a platform where customers can go to see a more human side behind the brand
7th – SEO is your bestie
Search Engine Optimization helps your website appear in Google search results. You want your website to appear on Google search because this is where customers go to research your business. People also tend to google search things they want to buy and that then leads to them going to your webpage. This is also important for you to work on your webpage loading speed to avoid bounce rates.
Google My Business also plays a role in SEO.
So what is recommended for Beziek Beauty:
- Create a Google My Business account, this allows the business to show on the Google map
- Start a blog
To Sum it all up
To ensure that your business runs smoothly and reaches all your desired goals, you should always have a strategy that outlines how you can achieve these goals. Paying attention to your short and long term goals is important. Researching competition will keep you on your toes and highlight what you need to do in order to stay unique. Creating content that represents your brand best will make you easily recognizable. Any form of digital presence is better than none at all. Remember that SEO is your best friend and will make sure that your website is always visible.
About the Authors:
Hi, I’m Kayla! I am passionate about everything people and digital marketing related! Learning about how the human mind works makes me happy. I hope you enjoyed reading this post just as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Hi, I’m Che Fernandez. I’m a creative and artistic person with a passion for digital marketing! Hope you’ve learned some digital marketing tricks and tips from this blog. Thank you for reading.