A café is a type of restaurant that mainly serves coffee and tea in addition to this they could sell confectioneries and little desserts. Morning cups of coffee, relaxing afternoons, romantic dates or maybe just a place to unwind, are all various activities that could happen at a café. For it to be successful it need to have a proper marketing strategy plan that includes online presence, target audience and setting goals.
What do they want to achieve?
The mission of the café is to provide their customers with the worlds best products including coffees, teas and baked goods as well as excellent service at a price that is fair to the producers as well as the customers.
- To become a popular source of coffees, teas and baked goods.
- Expand the business in the next five years and branch out.
- Eventually, create your own brand of instant coffee.
- Maintain a high quality of product and service.
SWOT Analysis of your company:
- People know that they will get excellent customer service.
- Local and close to the customers
- Unique Products
- Positive Attitudes
- Affordable Prices
- Uses a lot of expensive and good quality ingredients but not selling enough to get a good profit.
- Low brand exposure
- No company app
- No website
- Non – Existent Online Presence
- With a well-worked strategy plan and more exposure, the café could attract more customers and achieve its goals.
- Build stronger customer relationship.
- Grow Customer loyalty
- Build Brand Awareness
- Create a Website
- Create a delivery service
- Limited Profit Levels
- Increase in supplier costs
- Competitors stealing customers
- Competitors providing a wider variety of products
When you have a business you need a business plan that keeps your target audience and all other aspects of your market in mind. Your success is dependent on how good you do in these aspects of your specific market.
Your target audience is as follows:
- People who love coffee: It’s straightforward because there isn’t a set age group as café’s customers vary so all you need to do is make sure your product is up to standard and your customer service is excellent then your target audience will be happy.
- Coffee shop lovers: Their are people who spend a lot of time at cafes where specialty drinks and regular cups of coffee are available and they do so just for the fun of it.
- Specialty Coffee Drinkers: Expressos, cappuccinos, lattes and mochas are just some of the many specialty drinks. People will pay premium price to get these type of coffees and special teas.
Online Marketing Strategy
Having a good online presence is an important part of your business plan and is important for your business to thrive. It is a great way to engage with customers and find out how they feel about your products and changes you’ve made to your business.
Here are a few steps you can take to create an online presence.
Create a website
Its good to for a business to have an online presence theses days as it provides credibility and ensures success. Having a strong online presence, particularly a website, can be a make or break for generating more revenue. It will also establish your business and show your customers who you are and what you are about.
Sign into Google My business
Google My Business provides you with the ability to list your business location on google maps and local search results. With a Google My Business account you can display important information about your business. including opening/closing times, contact details or a link to your website.
Create a blog on your website
Creating a blog on your website can establish who you are and can lead to you engaging and attracting more clients. Its the best way to share your expertise and establish trust with a targeted audience.
Create an online presence through social media
When you have an established and active social media presence, it makes your brand appear more professional. Depending on how many followers you gain, this will show others that people trust your brand and so they will too.
Have a look at what your competitors are doing.
Knowing who your competitors are, and what they are offering, can help you to make your products and services stand out. You could use your knowledge to create marketing strategies that take advantage of your competitors weakness and improve your own business.
Use SEO to make sure your business ranks higher.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization helps businesses owners create fast, robust and user friendly websites that rank higher in search engines. The higher your website ranks the more potential customers visit your website and in return leads to more customers.
Create a Google Analytics account
Having a Google Analytics account could help you or your website builder, build a high quality website that will be accessible to your customers. It could also help you keep track of your website and check how good its doing or whether you need to make adjustments or improvements
In the end having a good strategy plan is important for your business if you want to see it thrive. Setting the correct and achievable goals are good for business growth and once you achieve these goals then you will see your business grow and set even higher goals.
Abdul Malik Gallow is a Digital Marketing Analyst completing an Online Digital Marketing Internship through the International Institute of Digital Marketing.
Sashi is a Digital Marketing Analyst completing an Online Digital Marketing Internship through the International Institute of Digital Marketing.