What is the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing and which one should be used? Choosing the promising marketing type is an age old question on every marketer’s mind. Here’s everything you need to know.
What is digital marketing?
Digital Marketing is a modern marketing technique through which we promote and sell products. It also refers to the marketing of any type of business through social media platforms and devices such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc. The main four phases of digital marketing are planning, conversation, content and sequels.
What is traditional marketing?
Traditional marketing is an offline marketing strategy in which to promote your brand or business you have to go through offline marketing techniques like direct mail, phone, print, broadcast, newspaper, and radio.
Digital marketing vs traditional marketing: what’s the difference?
As we know that the marketing trends in today’s era are changing rapidly and the market has drifted to digital marketing from traditional marketing. Here are some differences between traditional marketing vs digital marketing.
- Easy connectivity with the target audience.
- It is easy for the marketers to have a person to person relationship in informing or promoting their brand’s name.
- It provides the hard copy which is easy to read again and again about the products, services and description.
- Traditional Marketing is not cost effective.
- The company has to wait for weeks and months to get the results.
- Digital marketing helps you to reach the targeted audience from all over the world.
- Physical presence of the marketers is not required in digital marketing, It helps to reach a finite number of consumers daily.
- Digital platforms give their description in softcopy over the website or via videos, youtube etc, which a consumer can access anytime and anywhere according to his requirement, It also provides paper free documentation.
- Digital marketing is highly cost effective.
- Digital marketing gives quick results and it is easy to get the real time marketing results.
Find what works for you:
Ultimately both types of marketing have their own pros and cons, but it depends on understanding your specific marketing needs, considering your budget and understanding your target audience. Digital marketing and traditional marketing both work for you, as long as you know exactly what your audience needs.
About the author
Qurat ul Ain is a digital marketing analyst with the International Institute of Digital Marketing.