Most of us cannot imagine our world today without coffee. It has become so integral in our lives and for many of us, an essential component of our daily routines. Coffee businesses can capitalize on our love of coffee by developing unique and convenient coffee products. These developments have led to pouring about 1.4 billion cups of coffee a day worldwide.
So, how can coffee shops create the best Digital Marketing Strategy to thrive in such a competitive industry? Here’s a start.
The Process — (Visit the link for more digital marketing strategy tips)
Before diving deeper into your digital marketing strategy, it is crucial to measure your current success. Let’s get started:
- Social Media Platforms- For example, Instagram has Instagram insights for you to better understand how well you are doing with your target audience and where you can improve. Use these analytic insight tools to your advantage when starting to plan your digital marketing strategy.
- Google My Business– GMB helps you optimize your listings bringing more of the right customers to you. For example, it makes it easy for customers to see your location, business hours, what you offer, etc.
- Website– A cohesive and user-friendly website can be a game-changer if done the right way. It is important that your website grabs the attention of customers through your content (visuals/ captions) while also making it easy to navigate. This transitions into social media platforms which I will discuss later on.
For now, grab a coffee and stick around a little longer to finish the step-by-step process to a superior digital marketing strategy.
- Short-Term Goals- set a realistic number of coffee sales, an attainable number of followers on social media, and an achievable number of email sign-ups within a few months.
- Long-Term Goals- set a realistic number of coffee sales, an attainable number of followers on social media, and a portion of profits to a charity over a period of 8 months)
Unique Selling Proposition
Find that one aspect of your business that makes you stand out from the rest. How can you use this to your advantage? Here’s how:
- Scope out the Competiton- Take competitors’ content and strategies with a grain of salt and take yours to the next level.
- Identify your Target Audience– Understand who your audience is and use your marketing strategies to study them deeper. This is key when it comes to customer loyalty and your overall business success.
- Problem Solve- You have to stay up to date on trends because people are always looking for something new. Also, taking a deep dive into your business and improving your weak areas.
Content is King
Posting content on your channels is what brings together your entire digital marketing strategy. That being said, you have to be consistently active, creative and have eye-catching content. This can be done through hashtags, campaigns, contests, events, and continuous engagement with customers. Here are a couple ways you can implement your ideas:
- Social Media Advertising- Perfect way to increase social media following, brand awareness, and bring in potential customers.
- Email Marketing– Beneficial for introducing new items and offering exclusives for those signed up through email. (Click the link to see some examples)
- Loyalty App- Useful for earning points every time you order a drink as well as being the first to see specials. Includes a feature that allows you to order ahead for people that are always on the go. (Ex: Starbucks)
As I sit here and sip on my third coffee of the day, it is my hope that these step-by-step digital marketing strategies will drive your coffee shop to the top of its game!