Hello Dumpling hit the scene in 2017 when they opened their first location in Dallas on the east side of White Rock Lake on Peavy Rd. It is their only location but it has become one of the most popular spots in all of East Dallas. Hello Dumpling’s known for their handmade noodles that they make daily, boba tea, soups, a variety of hot and cold bites including, you guessed it, dumplings. They are available to dine in but they also deliver via Uber Eats.
I have developed a 5 step strategy to build your online presence, popularity, and revenue.
- Measure your current success: Since a majority of Hello Dumplings online presence is via social media (Instagram and Facebook) it is important to analyze your current success on these platforms.
- To measure analytics on Instagram it is best to use Instagram Insights because it allows you to analyze your content, activity in terms of engagement, and audience, which is the demographic that engages in your content.
- For Facebook I would suggest using Facebook Analytics because it allows you to track your audience, see engagement with your Facebook page and track performance.
- Another suggestion is to build a presence on other online platforms. (Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
2. Identify your goals: Now that you have evaluated the analytics it is time to set goals. It is important to set both short term(0-6 months) and long term goals(6 months +) for your company. Here are some examples of goals that you may set (These are all just examples yours will be different based on your strategy)
- Short term: Reach 4,000 followers on Instagram and 4,000 followers on Facebook.
- Long term: Add another location in the Dallas area.
3. Create a digital fingerprint: The COVID 19 pandemic has sparked a lot of new restaurants in the Dallas area which means increased competition. While that is the case the number of spots to get well made dumplings and food that Hello Dumpling has to offer is very limited in the East Dallas area which has made Hello Dumpling a hot spot.
With that being said it is important to continue to build an online presence to gain popularity which in turn results in more customers, loyalty, and curiosity. Like I mentioned earlier, TikTok and Twitter are two of the most popular social media platforms in the country and the world right now. They are also some of the biggest platforms for food and restaurant advertising and content.
It would be of best interest to build off of the success Hello Dumpling has had building a presence on Facebook and Instagram over to TikTok and Twitter.
4. Focus on what makes Hello Dumpling unique: In a city where food is everywhere and restaurants are popping up left and right it is very important that you stand out.
- Learn your target audience; it is important to know how to generalize the population that eats at Hello Dumpling to better implement marketing strategies.
- What makes you unique?; Focus on what makes you stand out (Handmade noodles, dumplings, delivery, prices, etc.)
5. Know your competition: First check local restaurants and then expand your search. Check the web pages that first pop up on google when searching keywords that relate to your restaurant or food. Check their social media and online presence and measure it against yours to see where you can improve and make adjustments.