Photo by PixaBay on Pexels
Artificial intelligence has been constantly changing the lives of human beings. Siri on Iphone, Tesla as an automated driver, Spotify, and many more platforms. Products use AI to create a safe, and enjoyable environment for users around the world.
But how does AI play a role in the digital marketing world ?
Most shoppers are now turning online and using the internet more than ever before. Companies constantly need tools and softwares to analyze their customers, create marketing campaigns, and offer suggestions that is when AI steps in.
What is AI ?
Artificial Intelligence is a learning machine that takes in data from multiple resources, runs complicated algorithms on these data and comes up with suggestions for improvement or new data.
As the number of data that is fed into the machine increases, the intelligence of the machine also increases which makes AI more powerful for complicated calculations . In this blog we will cover :
- Digital Marketing Content
- Voice Searches
- Machine Learning
- Email Marketing
Digital Marketing Content
AI is used by Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and other social media platforms to collect data about each user and present personalized advertisements by staying relevant as possible which help users to engage more and stay on such platforms.
When it comes to content creation large companies prefer substituting humans with AI to create content as it is cheaper compared to humans.
AI can create marketing campaigns, analyze them and even come up with suggestions on areas that need improvement based on the data that is given.
A type of marketing campaign that AI manages is the PPC ( Pay Per Click ) on Google platform. PPC is used where advertisers pay a specific fee every time their ads are clicked. If you would like to know more about PPC types and how they are used click here
When a person choose to use the service he/she can optimize it manually and choose how the AI reacts when different scenarios happen during the campaign such as setting the bid on each ad, on the other hand the campaign can run completely automated by the AI and suggest a bidding rate.
Another AI around us is the voice search services such as Alexa, Siri, Google, and Cortana. Also the banking voice recognition. It is estimated that the voice recognition market will reach $27 billion by 2025.
AI demonstrated the ability to understand human language, analyze it and process it in various ways. This helped a lot of businesses to run their operations smoothly and serve customers better all around the world.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
How Does It Work ?
There is a seven step process that AI goes through for voice recognition to work
- The human speaks
- AI converts the speech to text
- AI filters out the noise
- Transfer the filtered noise text to a processing network
- The processing network further breaks the data and use syntactic analysis
- AI comes to a conclusion at the end and finds the perfect match for the data entered
- AI communicates the data requested to the user in the language received by converting it to audio
Chatbots can be seen on a lot of websites such as telecommunication websites to answer customer’s questions and help reduce the workload for humans.There are different types of chatbots and AI powered ones and simple ones.
In addition to chatbots that help customers, large companies use CRM softwares to understand, collect, and analyze predictive patterns and changing behaviours that their customers have.
This data helps companies personalize what their customers want, it can also be used to serve customers better in their experience with the chatbots.
Read More About : How Digital Media Helped Formula 1 Stay Relevant
AI helps a lot of companies to customize their marketing email campaigns by analyzing their behaviour and how each customer reacts to signing up for a newsletter on a website. AI e-mail marketing tends to create an efficient driven cost environment for companies to:
- Decrease Costs : AI helps decrease the costs of operations as employees cost much more than operating software, low maintenance fees and it helps in reducing the time required to produce multiple solutions for a company by email.
- Increase Revenue : By optimizing tools for email marketing, AI analyzes the responses that customers interacted with and offer suggestions on how to reach more customers and when emails should be sent.
- AI Jarvis : Jarvis is a tool that can write anything from essay, blogs, emails, and social media posts. This kind of AI helps reshape our digital marketing arena as humans are less needed to carry on with such activities, helping companies to drive their sales with a full data report. If you would like to know more about Jarvis click here.
AI definitely changed and is still changing the digital marketing world we are living in. It could possibly replace humans in the near future as marketing campaigns require less effort and observation where AI takes all the objectives and comes up with solutions quickly to help serve the customers better.
Who knows maybe in the future there would be an AI only for marketing to carry on with all the tasks related to marketing !
I’m an intern at the International Institute of Digital Marketing™. From Egypt, Alexandria, I studied marketing and it is one of my passions to create marketing content and help to inspire others.
LinkedIn : Andrew Gendy