Today, for the new world, a lot of businesses are becoming close-knit and are moving towards more sustainable means of marketing and advertising. In the end, companies and businesses have realized the importance of Digital Marketing and started investing in it. But here is a different ball game and like a good coach, you must set your steps.
Digital marketing is the component of marketing that uses the internet and online-based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones, and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
Leaving aside all the chaos created by this pandemic, 2020 was the year that lots of companies went through a massive process of digitalization, many of them without having planned it. In 2021, almost every company that did not go digital started to lose. Global digital ad spends reach $389 billion in 2021 and, according to research, it is predicted that it will increase even more.
However, only 61% of marketers believe their marketing strategy is effective. In this blog, 5 steps that we need to follow to adapt to the changing world and join in %61, will be shared.
Before starting the game, you’ll want to determine your budget. Why? Determining how much money you can spend early in the campaign planning process will help determine your goals, strategy and even how much content you can create. Here are three simple titles for understanding ways to establish a budget based on data .
- Cost Of Advertising
- Revenue Per Customer
- Percentage Of Your Total Revenue
Market research enables marketers to curate the optimal media mix. Data can help drive decisions around where you spend your marketing dollars. By doing marketing research, you can understand what media your consumers are consuming. This then enables you to then to optimizing your media mix within your marketing plan. There are two types technique for marketing research : Qualitative ( in-dept interviews, focus groups,projective techniques) and Quantitative (observations, surveys)
- In-Dept Interviews: Important when the aim is to create products that huge amount of information connects with clients.
- Focus Groups: Discussion with a moderator, 5-12 participants; observe participants, observe how people perceive a product.
- Projective Techniques: The interviewee is unaware of the conversation purpose; word associations, consumer drawing, etcword associations, consumer drawing, etc.
- Observation: The predominant marketing research technique; Happens situationally or though data mining.
- Surveys: Closed -ended questions which are easy to quantify, aggregate and interpret.
Target Customer and Your Goals
This part is the Q&A path. First of all, you should define the behavior of your customers.
- Is it satisfying one a primary need?
- Is it something they can choose not to have?
- If customers were to buy such a product, are they going to want to buy what we are offering?
- Can the target customer afford the product?
If the answers to these questions are positive according to the needs, wants, and demands let’s move on to the digital marketing part, there are a few more questions to be answered for connecting with and engaging your target audience.
- What are your customers’ motivations?
- How do they like to communicate?
- Where do they like to find information?
- What marketing channels do they use?
- If they use social media, what do they look for or talk about?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help you develop a successful marketing strategy setting goals too. You should decide whether your focus is on creating brand awareness, customer acquisition, or retention and growth. Smarter objectives should be selected. For instance profitability objective, market share objective, promotional objective, and growth objective. You should track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) based on these goals. This part will also affect your content.
Content creation is the foundation of all modern digital marketing efforts. Content comes in all shapes and sizes. It can be a piece of writing, audio, video or an image. All these forms should be designed according to the customer base. In addition, the broadcast intervals and the channel on which they will be broadcast are also customer-based. There are some free content creation tools and resources you can use to keep your budget in check. In addition to all these, 11 tips to get more efficiency are as follows:
Tip #1: Creating a Buyer Persona
Tip #2: Relying on the Buyer’s Journey
Tip #3: Choosing the Right Format
Tip #4: Optimizing Content for SEO
Tip #5: Promoting Content
Tip #6: Using Strategic Tools
Tip #7: Analyzing Results to Make Improvements
Tip #8: Create a Content Calendar
Tip #9: Write Attention-Grabbing Headlines
Tip #10: Repurpose and Recycle
Tip #11: Making Content More Interactive
Marketing campaigns must have analysis built-in based on focused metrics. That way, you can ensure your budget goes towards the right tactics and channels using the most effective content and messaging.
Here are some effective ways to measure and analyze campaign performance:
- The number of organic website visits to your content (use Google Analytics)
- Time spent on page (use Google Analytics)
- Email open rates and click-through rates (marketing automation software, such as Marketo)
- Click-throughs and referrals from paid ads (Google Analytics)
- Number of prospects earned at an event (various ways)
- Engagement (likes, shares) on social media (paid social analytics tools such as Simply Measured, or free analytics from the social networks themselves.)
Use a Google Analytics goals guide to find out how to measure KPIs and track campaigns effectively.