LinkedIn has more than 500 million global users and there’s no denying of the fact that LinkedIn is the most powerful social network for business professionals. The mission of LinkedIn is simple: connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. In my blog, I have highlighted 10 Points to get more views and followers on LinkedIn.
1. Optimise Your LinkedIn Profile
That would be the first step when creating a LinkedIn Profile. Add photographs, cover image, add some texts and make sure it looks attractive. Because when people discover you through one of the different channels, they will do a sanity check.
Before following you, they will think if this person looks like someone I may benefit from following?
- Create a powerful profile – it’ll serve as your elevator pitch
- Highlight your achievements – create a great first-impression
Use Keywords, Keywords are the words and phrases users are searching for online. They’re what your audience members type into Google and other search engines in hopes of finding helpful results.To determine which keywords should be featured on your LinkedIn Page, think about your key offerings. Your industry, location, and specialties are all important keywords to make prevalent throughout your LinkedIn Page.
2. Go Viral on LinkedIn
- Write on Mobile : Write content on Mobile and don’t use long sentences, write short and crisp so that your content look beautiful and much more engaging. Why write on Mobiles? Its because most of the users use LinkedIn on their mobile phones. This way you can attract the users as they will feel familiar with the topic.
- Make sure every content you write involve stories as people love to hear stories and stories sell and do not involve any statics in your post
- Be Controversial
- When you mix up your post with controversial stories, it is definitely going to be shared and liked. Think about pain and problem actual scenarios. People are likely to be more engaged in such posts.
- Be Emotional
- The more you are emotional, honest about the whole scenario, the more you share about your struggles as well as some of your victories, the more people will connect. This is an actual huge element of it. Tell personal stories, of your personal battles, your failures and success, people will feel more familiar with your post and are likely to follow you.
3. Try getting featured
In order to maximize the reach and resonance of LinkedIn, you also need to get your content featured on LinkedIn’s Pulse content platform.There’s no guarantee that all your post will get featured but in order to increase the chances of your post getting picked you need to write on important and popular topics- Entrepreneurship, Technology, Leadership and Management.
Believe me if you write good content, they will feature it.
4. Be consistent
The most important tip to follow inorder to increase the views and followers. You need to be up to date and post regularly. You can’t just post one odd article in a week, or send connection requests once in a blue moon and expect things to happen on their own. You need to develop a strategy – and you need to be consistent. Being consistent will help you build up momentum.
5.Livestream on LinkedIn
LinkedIn has a feature in which you can go live, that means you can live stream at events. You can broadcast your webinar, use it to share interesting insights. Also, at this very moment very few people are using LinkedIn live platform. That’s a great opportunity for you to grow your audience.
5. Using the right hashtags.
Using the right hashtags will help you to get in front of the right audience. Your post will be seen by the right audience who are not following you.You can create your own hashtag to promote a new product or service, search hashtag to cut through the digital clutter and find what you’re looking for, and so much more.
You allow people to organically discover your content through one of the hashtags they follow.
6. Tag connections and companies in your LinkedIn post.
Tag people and organizations in your post.LinkedIn has a feature that allows you to tag people, companies or organizations in your post. All you really have to do is @ key. This feature gives you the opportunity to grow your audience. If you’re tagging people, you will find that they often engage with your post, they will leave comment or like or share. This will be shown to their audience and will surely follow you.
7. Join LinkedIn Groups
Joining the right groups will help you to connect with people. By sharing content in those groups, by being of value, you make it likely to target the people who joined the group and decide to follow you personally. Everytime you share something in your group you can say that, ‘ You can also follow me for a specific topic or theme’.
8.Write on LinkedIn’s Publishing Platform
LinkedIn’s publishing platform enables you to post long-form content within LinkedIn itself. It’s a great way to promote yourself, your thoughts and your profile – in the current business landscape, content is the king.
LinkedIn publishing gives you an opportunity to share your thoughts, showcase your industry knowledge and let people know more about yourself and what you offer.
Also, start connecting with the people you know. This can be your family, friends, colleagues, people you meet with. This will help you to grow.
9.Follow Influencers on LinkedIn
We should always appreciate the work other people are doing. It is hard to find genuine Influencers on LinkedIn, but when you find one in your industry, it is wise to follow them and check out their recent post and articles. You can also tag these influencers in your post, this way their followers are also likely to follow you.
10. Engage your employees to join LinkedIn and ask them to follow you.
Engage your company employees to create and complete LinkedIn profiles and follow you. This will help you to drive more traffic to your page.
LinkedIn is becoming a Content Powerhouse with many opportunities to build a strong following, organic, and via paid advertising.
LinkedIn is a worldwide social channel for business professionals. Use LinkedIn to your advantage to increase your brand visibility and to nurture relationships.
The advantages of a great LinkedIn Page with a large and engaged following are innumerable. No matter where your Page currently stands, there are always opportunities for further growth and expansion.
Written By : Ankit Bohra