As graphic designers help other businesses grow visually, they also need to market their skills and services to grow their graphic design business. In this blog, a digital marketing plan is introduced for a digital graphic design business. SDdesigns which offers logo designs, business branding and digital artwork. Launched on January 2021.
Digital graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. Graphic designs are a great way to communicate certain ideas or messages in a visual way.
These visuals can be as simple as a business logo, or complex as page layouts on a website. Graphic designs can be used by companies to promote and sell products through advertising, by websites to convey a gutter of information in an easier way using infographics, or by businesses to develop an identity through branding, among other things.
Lets Measure it’s Current Success
Currently, SDdesigns’ only online presence is Instagram. Thus, we can utilize Instagram Insights to learn about the demographics of its Instagram audience and track the performance of Instagram posts and stories.
Check out this blog for more information on Instagram Insights!
Identify its Goals
Setting “SMART” goals is important for any business. It means you can clarify your ideas, focus your efforts, use your time and resources productively, and increase your chances of achieving what you want in life.
Learn more about making the right goals: SMART Goals How to Make Your Goals Achievable
- Expand social media presence (create accounts on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Create a website to showcase portfolio and blog posts
- Within three months, have 90 posts on all social media
- Within four months, have 6 blogs uploaded
- Within five months, connect with 2 known influencers in the graphic design business on Instagram to promote content
- Within seven months, have 1000 followers on Instagram
- Within eight months, run 2 ad campaigns through the social media accounts
- Within ten months, have at least 6 clients worked for
How to Achieve these Goals?
Focus on unique selling position. It is basically a summary of what makes the business unique and valuable to its target market.
For this business, branding guideline is important as the market is saturated with a number of online graphic design services. Branding will help establish a presence online and in the market. This can also help customers differentiate from other competitors. Moreover, using a consistent brand can help potential clients or users to recognize and put trust in doing business with them.
Learn more about creating a USP: Creating a Unique Selling Proposition
Research its Competition
When starting an online business, it is important to remember that people follow each other and practically do similar steps as u planned to do. So, look into the competition of who is already doing what you plan to do. The competition is way ahead of its self and catching up means digging into the competition.
Here are six steps to get started on competitive research:
- Identify main competitors. Simply search-relevant product or service category on the web and see what comes up.
- Analyze competitors’ online presence. Look at their website, the type of content they are publishing, and their social media presence.
- Gather information. Act as one of their customers. Sign up for their email list so you can get an idea of how they communicate. Also, follow their blog and social media accounts and watch how they interact with their customers online.
- Track your findings. Keep track of what they are doing overtime so that you can see how they change everything from pricing to marketing and promotional activities. Check online reviews. Find as many reviews of your competitors as possible. Read their social media reviews, comments on their blogs, and case studies on their website.
- Identify areas for improvement. Think about how you can use this information to improve your own business results.
- Tools for competitive research. SEMrush: This is one of the best competitive research tools on the market. It contains over 30 tools that can track things like SEO, PPC, keyword research, competitive research, and more.
Online Business Means Online Presence is Key
Now that the goals, unique selling position and competition research are established. It is time to put in the work. The business needs to attract and expose itself to the interested target market, and online presence is just the key such as using social media and website.
Social Networks can help by bringing in potential customers through engaging and valuable content to the table that that business will produce. It builds its brand while bringing in organic traffic.
- Make content that is original and consistent with the branding guidelines and yes, stay consistent with posting (daily posts are recommended).
- Impress and create emotions with authentic content. Provide value to users by teaching them skills used to provide services through videos or informational posts.
- Be active on your account but also on other accounts with similar interests, it is important to engage with an audience of your own as it is to like and comment on other accounts too.
- Hashtags! find out trendy hashtags for each social network and implement them to reach more users with similar interests.
- Host collaborations and giveaways of services in exchange for users sharing your content and asking friends to like it.
- Pay for sponsored ads on social media and/or sponsored ads through promoters/influencers to get more exposure and engagement.
Webpages can help reach interested searchers to the webpage from search results. A webpage acts like a physical shop where people can enter and see the products offered and know so much more information about the business itself.
More to the valuable content posted on social networks, blogs can be a significant way to provide free value to visitors and gain that extra credibility to the brand, and convert a visitor into a client. Many people would be interested in seeing how graphic designs are made and what tools are being used. Moreover, having a blog is one of the efficient ways to improve SEO. Basically, it helps Google or other search engines determine which is the best website to answer the query. So, that it can appear on top of the results pages and drive more organic traffic that way.
The business, SDdesigns offers logo designs, business branding and digital artwork which launched on January 2021. SDdesigns only online presence is Instagram right now, which is not an effective way of utilizing online tools to market such a business. In this blog, a digital marketing plan was introduced for this digital graphic design business.
Goals are established, branding guideline is proposed as the unique selling position, a summary of what makes the business unique and valuable to its target market. Then, six steps were looked at getting started on competitive research and once these were set out. It was time to start the actual work, which was creating an online presence known to be the key tool to market this business. With these tips, we can fully utilize social media and webpages for this business. Hopefully, this blog helps to set the right path to success.
By Shiroman Deen Anton at International Institute of Digital Marketing™