Find your starting point
Before re-vamping your marketing strategy, check out how your business is doing. Using past engagement, sales, and customers, find out where you stand.
Set realistic goals
Goal setting is the most important part of creating your strategy! Think of 2 or 3 realistic goals, and then think of a few sub-goals!
Increase your media presence
Before making a strategy, set yourself up for success. Use different social medias to reach the widest audience possible. Create accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and even TikTok to increase your engagement!
Find your target audience
Using past information and your goals, identify your target audience! Who are you selling to? How old are they? Which social medias and other ads do they respond to?
Why should this audience choose you over any other pet treat company? What makes you stand out?
Here are a few steps to achieve the ultimate marketing strategy for your pet treats!
A big part of this brainstorm is – as mentioned above – is goal setting. Here are 3 goals to start with:
- Have 10 new customers every month
- Reach 100 followers on Instagram
- Have 5% more site interaction each month
Next, set sub-goals that will help you achieve these!
2. Create and update your site
Having an up-to-date site with active links, a shop section, and seasonal features is important to increase interaction. Completely re-think your theme and features!
3. Google features
- Set up a Google My Business account, and use all the features for optimal accessibility
- Also set up Google Analytics to be able to track your goal progress and general customer interaction
4. Set up social media
As we mentioned above, using a variety of social media can help you interact with a wider audience! This way, your target audience can see you in different places, and using trends from each separate platform can increase engagement.
5. Research, research, research!
Research is SO important! Here are some key things to look into:
- Industry – Pet treats as an industry has some features, words, and ads that work better than others. Find some tips and ideas!
- Competition – Look at similar pet treat companies, and see what you like and what YOU can do BETTER.
- Product – You’re selling a product that must be eaten! Research the best ingredients, suppliers, and find what’s best for you!
- Trends – Look into hashtags, seasonal trends, and industry patterns!
6. Consistency is key.
Research, post, update, repeat. Being consistent with posting will boost your company, and attract a wider audience! Use platforms like HeroPost to schedule posts on all your social media, and be prepared weeks in advance!