SMS marketing is a highly targeted and affordable mobile strategy. The purpose of the mobile device is to have absolute convenience to the users fingertips.
Mobile devices should be seen as a new opportunity for digital marketers to track their campaign and track the customer mobile behavior. Proximity marketing can be very successful in conversion rate when closely targeted.
Mobile Mobile marketing can be integrated into the daily routine of the target market – such as optimizing mobile web browsing, mobile banking, artificial intelligence tools and banner ads in apps.
SMS is one of the most immediate channels available. 45% of SMS campaigns produce a successful ROI with a read rate of 97% within 15minutes delivery and when combined with email and social media will reach over 50%.
Why SMS and MMS marketing?
SMS (Short Message Service) is one of the cheapest forms of mobile marketing to promote updates, offers, alerts or transactions in real-time.
MMS (Multimedia Message Service) is just an extension of SMS marketing of 300 characters. MMS’s allow for images, videos, and audios to be included.
A short telephone number (CSC) allows the customers to vote, poll, sign up and donate according to the requested message. It is usually 5 digits long.
Follow these steps for an effective SMS/MMS marketing campaign:
- Use the recipient’s first name to personalize the message.
- Quality over quantity – stay focused and work on building a relationship with the customers on your list.
- Short is sweet. Catchy is key.
- Add ‘call-to-actions’ to generate leads (Book Now, Subscribe Now with a link to the desired landing page)
- A successful SMS will result in the customer to ‘opt in’.
- Always include an option for the recipient to ‘opt out’ or ‘stop’ – hence allowing the recipient to unsubscribe.
- SMS messages need to be under 160 characters.
Avoid this in SMS Marketing:
- Do not use it as a push-focused selling tool as it will not gain any loyal customers.
- A failed campaign is failing to reach your target market.
- Do not only use only mobile marketing as a strategy to reach your target market.
- Always comply with local legislation and consent to avoid becoming spam.
- Do not forget your call-to-actions.
To understand the buying behavior of the customer is crucial, such as knowing that Generation Z grew up with smart devices in their hands. Let’s just text them.