A simple yet innovative guide
The world is constantly moving forward, with the invention of smart cars and smartphones simplifying things. Marketing as we know it is taking a drastic turn, professionals’ and entrepreneurs continue to discover how important a digital footprint is. It is becoming more apparent, in actual fact digital marketing would soon prove to be more effective than traditional marketing. This Digital Marketing Plan for a bakery can be split into 5 easy steps that revolve around a straightforward concept – research. Research is crucial in understanding your target audience and will play a significant role in any digital marketing plan.
The first thing in any business plan is to set a target, something you can aspire to and work towards throughout the implementation of your digital marketing plan. A strategic method in doing this would be to set SMART goals.
• To create a bakery which freshly bakes the best quality products on a daily basis.
• To create an atmosphere which would attract and inspire modern contemporary talent within the industry.
• To develop a setting where employees are able to be innovative and creative while being true to culture.
• Our location along with our theme boasts a natural and comfortable environment for our customers.
• We aim toward exceptional service in regard to customer service consistently.
• Our enterprise will focus its efforts upon opening toward customer satisfaction, surveys will be taken, and refinements will be made if necessary.
• The Cakery requires a minimum of 3 staff members excluding owners. However, in order to get this bakery to move from strength to strength the task force will be increased as time goes.
• We expect to cater for all weddings, personal functions and also industrial functions.
• We envision steady growth and a change in property location in the next 5 years along with a solid reputation.
• There is an apparent need for exclusive designer cakes, at prices that will not take a hefty chunk out of your pocket. Get the best for less!
• At the Cakery, we offer affordable baked goods focusing on providing exclusive bakes at a reasonable cost.
• Our product line will include baked goods i.e. cookies, muffins, scones and sandwiches.
• Lack of bakeries in the area of Rydalvale allows us to sense a market for baked goods in this upcoming prominent area.
• In this area, people generally find themselves traveling to shops based in central phoenix, we offer a delivery option. This is vital to our business.
• We intend on working closely with and supplying local businesses with our trendy fondant cakes.
• We will cater to the needs of customers for private and non-private functions. We expect our target market to be in and around the vicinity of phoenix.
• The Cakery is owned by Mohammed Yaseen Hassim and Talia Singh. This business is a limited liability corporation.
• A Privately owned business, inspired by culture and aspires toward success.
• Due to The Cakery being student owned, it will incorporate research studies with possible investors and researchers to grow our business and make it a sustainable local food enterprise.
• Catering for events of every culture shows just how deep our roots run within societal cultures.
• We have competitors who just run bakeries. Our bakery offers a wide variety to choose from for all occasions with a price to suit your pocket along with easy accessibility in accordance with what suits your preference.
• This is essentially our competitive advantage
• The government provides both monetary and non-monetary help to start-up businesses.
• The Cakery will make use of this government funding and we understand that funding depends on viability.
• Therefore, we will increase intellectual property in order to boost our chances of acquiring funding.
• Alternatively, we will look at external investors. Our business structure is open to change as we foresee growth for The Cakery.
• Our head chef provides us with a distinctive competence. Due to her being a qualified culinary artist, this provides us with a sought-after skill set and is hopefully difficult to imitate.
• The two directors of the Cakery put in adequate work in researching the need for this business.
• Our chef and head director provide intellectual property, however the head director being the acknowledged leader due to his marketing degree.
• Our location is beneficial to our business, our product is sought after in the described area.
• Our product allows for innovation.
• Due to our particular product choice, we are limited to two broad courses, Culinary arts and pastry work.
• Given the intimate relationship between directors, this could prove fatal and plague the organization with problems.
• A noticeable competitive disadvantage is a lack of reputation. However, this is intended to be built.
• Funding provides greater risk which may pressure directors into making wrong on the spot decisions.
• Since this is a start-up, our facilities or lack thereof put us at a disadvantage. We have obsolete facilities in comparison to established businesses.
• Since culinary arts work closely with pastry chefs, we are able to diversify our related courses.
• We are able to see a complacency within the food industry, we also investigated a faster market growth proving beneficial to The Cakery.
• Since we work with pastry chefs, we are able to broaden our spectrum to meet the needs of all our customers.
• Coronavirus is a severe threat to our business; we are a food retail company, so cleanliness and health safety measures need to be distinct.
• One adverse demographic factor is the uprising of a drug den nearby our locale, security will be provided for our customers.
• Growing competitive pressures in terms of online cake/fondant sales.
Marketing isn’t just advertising. Marketing-in whichever form is considered an investment. In this case to grow our business therefore we explore various marketing strategies. A good marketing plan brings in higher sales and profit.
To get our buyer persona we will use social media groups and websites such as Facebook to find what the potential customer is complaining about. We use this to provide an edge over competitors. Then we use the information collected to create the buyer persona.
Our product and services target all customers. Birthdays are celebrated by everyone and special cakes are a necessity therefore resulting in a vast target market. In order to have a successful marketing plan a hierarchy needs to be achieved. We would achieve this by offering a suggestion box, formal employee meetings once every week to discuss technicalities of specific jobs and a documented meeting between head and deputy director. This is where all major decisions will be made and posted to inform staff. At the Cakery we have identified that in this area society is more social media inclined as opposed to traditional methods. This is why we will focus 90% of our efforts toward marketing on social media. The remaining 10% will be focused on traditional marketing methods.
Our competitor is a local bakery. Research shows that this local bakery does not cater to specific client needs and is a rather traditional business. We believe to have a competitive advantage due to our various purchase options. We also offer a wide range of sweetmeats. In terms of client satisfaction, we have the edge. Their products only aim toward mid to high end target markets. We are aimed at all spectrums in terms of cost due to the magnitude of our menu.
After taking our brand into consideration we have concluded that all products will be posted onto our Instagram page. This will allow potential customers to have a closer look ultimately helping to make more informed decisions regarding what they want from the comfort of their own homes, it is apparent to see that we are a business that strives toward satisfying clients.
Keyword research is about understanding what your customer is searching for and creating content for that keyword and then optimizing the content to rank higher on a search engine.
In this case, your customer may use keywords such as “Confectionaries” . It is then your responsibility to create content so that if you have a bakery producing these confectionaries, your website will be displayed higher on the search engine.
Content creation for SEO
The goal is to create content that would resonate with the targeted audience. The contents should be a means of nurturing a relationship with the audience. In this case, showing the customer that if they are looking for a place for good desserts, your bakery or food outlet would be their best option.
The content should focus on the keywords that would be used by the targeted audience.
• Optimize links (URL and internal links)- the website may link popular halaal blogs as this will assist with the SEO.
• Optimize title and tags.
• Optimize the text
Speed up your website. The website must be optimized for speed so that it will be ranked higher in the search engine.
Google my business
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use platform for companies and organizations to control their online presence through Google, including Search and Maps. You can review your company and edit your business details to help customers find your business and tell them your story.
Use analytics tools
Analytics tools must be used to investigate how the company’s digital marketing strategies have performed and which strategy performed the best in providing the highest return on investment (ROI).
Digital analytics in the marketing context refers to the tools used to analyze and report on marketing data collected through the digital channels on which your brand holds a presence. These channels might include social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or google analytics. They might also include your display or search ads, email, affiliate marketing sites, or many others.
• Our range of products falls into baked goods. We will be freshly producing cakes and biscuits on a daily basis. We will also offer traditional sweetmeats.
• Our range of cakes will cater to the needs of every customer. Our products target customer satisfaction and our target market are consumers!
• What gives The Cakery a competitive advantage is our rich Culture.
• We will include many traditional eats on our menu. Although Cakery falls into an incredibly competitive category, we make use of recipes which were passed down through generations of families!
• Making us the best at satisfying your every sweet tooth desire.
• We also cater for all your function needs.
• This is where our products are unique and cannot be compared to any bakery in our vicinity.
• We offer an ‘eggless product’ option on all of our products. We are a strictly halaal business.
• The food industry operates around reputation, since we are a new establishment, we lack reputation. However, at the Cakery we intend on thoroughly marketing our products on various social media platforms as well as advertisements such as flyers, billboards and even door to door flier delivery to bring The Cakery right to our client’s doorstep.
• We make use of ingredients acquired from wholesalers. If in the event of our business taking off, we will be able to handle the surge.
• Our reasonable prices are in accordance with our wholesaler prices therefore our operating costs will allow us to see a reasonable profit margin.