Digital marketing is a critical tool for finding the right audience to build a customer base and for holding on to them. For an industry that has the desire to affect new people and enrich their lives with healthier living it can be a game changer.
The key to successful marketing in any industry is developing a solid marketing strategy. For a vegan business this involves creating a convincing case for the vegan lifestyle.
Before we get into methodology lets remind ourselves of the benefits of digital marketing for vegan businesses.
- Building trust with customers and increasing your brands authority within the plant-based industry.
- Increasing engagement with and knowledge of your brand.
- Reaching a diverse amalgamation of vegan and non-vegan buyers.
- Encouraging anyone and everyone to branch out and add plant-based products/foods to their lives.
Defining success will help us on our journey towards achievement.
Let’s move on to strategy.
An aspect of Digital Marketing that is particularly important in the vegan industry is content marketing.
Content Marketing involves the creation of valuable informative content targeted towards a specific audience. In this case that audience is those folks whose attention has been captured by one or more of several life changing thoughts that can include, but are not limited to:
- A desire to lessen their ecological footprint.
- An increasing empathy towards the natural world (i.e., animals).
- An awareness of unethical practices within the meat industry.
- Concern for the health of oneself and/or others.
Keeping the audience’s headspace in mind is an excellent way to create impactful content that not only keeps people’s attention, but encourages sharing, which will allow your business to flourish.
There are many other types of digital marketing that can aid in your business’s growth as well. Some of the most common types are:
All of these methods are tools for the success of your business. There are a vast number of resources available to you online and I encourage you to start your journey with the International Institute of Digital Marketing™. For more information visit their official website at https://thedigitalmarketinginstitute.org/.
If you’d like to interact with websites specifically catering to vegan digital marketing, here are some good places to start:
Written by Megan McCook, Digital Marketing Analyst at International Institute of Digital Marketing™