SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimisation” which helps to make websites more effective and functional. The main aim of SEO is to increase web traffic on websites. It is a process of improving the online content like adding title tags, some keywords so that a search engine can show it as a top result for searches of certain keywords.
SEO is a mandatory marketing strategy in digital marketing, if you want your website to be found through search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Many people globally conduct searches in a single day so the use of keywords is required for specific, high-intent traffic.
Google is dominant in all other search engines. The working of a google search engine is extremely complex as it uses google algorithms than crawl through the content with ranks them accordingly
Google Panda algorithm searches for good and high-quality content with relevant information on the page for the searcher’s query.
Google Penguin algorithm finds the relevant content by “crawling” your website’s content and links with your website and detects keyword stuffing and poor links.
Google looks for quality of content by several means, but a site’s link profile – which means the number and quality of websites that link to a page.
Keyword Research in SEO
Keyword research– It is one of the most important things of SEO, keywords are entered on search engines and the results are based on those keywords so the content that is developed could be optimized for SEO.
Short tail keywords- One-word keyword
Long-tail keyword – Usually two or more keywords
Several tools can be used for seo
This blog will provide an overview of SEO so if you need to gain a deep understanding of SEO and learn from the basics then visit our website
IIDM (International Institute of Digital marketing) and enroll in our SEO and sem courses and gain hands-on knowledge.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF SEO :
1. ON-Page SEO
2. OFF-Page SEO
On-Page SEO is a practice of improving the web pages to rank higher and generate relevant traffic in search engines. This means both contents on the webpage and the HTML code of the page can be optimized.
Some techniques used in ON-Page SEO:
- Schema- The structured URL is easier to understand.
- Title tag- The title name that appears on the search engine as results has target keywords and modifiers to boost engagement.
- Use of meta description. The text that appears below the title tag describes the product or service being offered.
- Header tag- header tags are headings that contain keywords and should have a short length. Can be more than one but the first two are most important.
- Featured snippet- the high-quality content that answers a question. It can be a table, paragraph, list, etc, that appears on a search engine in a shaded box.
- Page speed- the time a page takes to load in a browser affects the search result so, it is important to optimize it for SEO.
- Internal links- the internal link within a well-organized website helps to create link juice.
- Sitemap- it is the HTML and XML file that contains all the links that can be sent to google to register all the websites into the directory so that they could be crawled by google boots.
Tips for ON page SEO
High-quality content is used for better optimization. Specific keywords to be used on the Web Pages that help Google to crawl and show our content when someone searches for that specific keyword.
- The use of good content is very influential on search engine ranking as it provides domain authority and puts the website in the good eyes of google. The use of keywords on the web page several times helps in better optimization.
- The title tag should be used properly because it is the first thing that appears on the google search result and it should be concise and short and have keywords in it.
- Meta descriptions are the information that the page is all about, and is always displayed in SERPs under the title of the page. It is an important technique of SEO.
- Regularly updating the content is required. Auditing the content helps in increasing more and more traffic on the website if the content is relevant and up to date.
- URL used in SEO should be short and keyword-rich, user-friendly for searchers which helps in the visibility of the website.
Off-Page SEO refers to the steps taken from outside the website to help the positioning of the website which helps to create link juice
Some Off-page SEO techniques:
- Link building- it can be done by providing links to another website so that traffic could come from another high authority website that is good for domain authority
- Guest blogging- you can blog for someone else that helps your website to create backlink and create domain authority
- Social media engagement Testimonial blogging- Ask people to testify for the product and services on the social media pages and website would help to create engagement.
- Link building is the main technique used in off-page SEO. The use of high-value backlinks helps in better ranking.
There are 3 main types of links,
- Natural links – without any action on the part of a page owner.
- Manually built links – getting customers to link to your website or asking influencers to share content.
- Self-created links – adding a backlink in an online directory.
THERE ARE 3 SEO TECHNIQUES:
1. WHITE HAT SEO
2. BLACK HAT SEO
3. GREY HAT SEO
WHITE HAT SEO
White Hat SEO is a technique that helps in improving the search ranking on the search engine results page (SERP) by maintaining the integrity of the website and bounded within the terms and conditions as defined by google. This is the best way to enhance the website because it is less risky and can be done without breaking the rules.
Few tips to be followed in White hat SEO:
Use of high-quality and relevant content and Keyword research.
Earning links from high authority sites to create domain authority. Link building to improve and create more link juice. White hat SEO is used by people who intend to do long-term investments in their website. This type is also known as Ethical SEO.
BLACK HAT SEO
Black Hat SEO is a practice that is considered false because it does not follow the rules of the search engine and it results in the website ban from the search engine whether lifetime or for some time.
Some Black Hat SEO tactics:
- Hidden text or links
- Keyword stuffing
- Sneaky redirects
- paid link building
- Creating pages with duplicate content
- Pages with attached viruses, trojans, and other malware.
The use of Black hat SEO can lead your website banned from Google and other search engines.
GREY HAT SEO
Grey Hat SEO is the combination of both White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. In this, the website can or cannot be banned from search engines but it has a higher risk than White Hat SEO.
For our SEO courses other courses visit our website (International Institute of Digital marketing)
SEO is the integral part of digital marketing. It is an important technique used to increase the visibility and ranking of the website. There are many different tools used to optimize the website Some important techniques used in SEO which are very essential and to be analyzed are keywords, backlinks, engagement metrics etc. the overall effort on different aspects of seo helps to build domain authority and rank higher on search results, so seo is an essential part of digital marketing and helps to make your content visible to public.
TO visit more of our blog please click here