SEO has become an important part of Digital Marketing, especially given the competitiveness between websites trying to find the upper hand over their competitors. SEO is especially important since its main purpose is to help increase the visibility of a website on Google’s search page. Through SEO your website will have a higher chance of appearing for the millions of users trying to find solutions to their problems.
What is SEO?
The word SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization, and its purpose is to optimize a website so that it can rank higher in the organic search result. It’s the main procedure to follow in order to boost the website’s popularity in search engines and increase traffic.
The main goal of SEO is to assist you in understanding what consumers are looking for on the internet so that you can provide high-quality content, including specific keywords, and having backlinks to meet their needs.
Why is it important?
- The majority of search engine users will click on one of the top five recommendations in the search engine results pages (SERPS). To take advantage of this and attract visitors to your website or customers to your online store, your website must rank among the top results.
- Users tend to trust search engines more, and by establishing the presence of your website on the top positions through the keyword the user is searching will only increase their trust on the website.
- SEO will help you give your website an upper hand on the competition. If two websites offer the same product, the one that is optimized for search engines is more likely to draw more traffic and produce more sales.
- SEO is a cost-effective strategy. Competitive companies can sometimes spend a lot of money on paid website traffic, but if you just started off with a small business and have a limited budget then SEO is a perfect alternative to get eligible traffic to your site without having to pay for it directly.
- SEO is beneficial to the website’s social promotion. People who discover your website through using Google search or other search engines, tend to promote the website to Social Media channels.
Why should businesses do SEO?
- SEO allows people to find your website:
The main point of creating a website in the first place is so that your business can find customers online in order to conduct some sort of exchange. There is no point in creating a website if customers are having difficulty finding it through web searching. It is one of the most challenging tasks that businesses face trying to get users to find the website.
- Good SEO provides a better user experience:
All businesses want to improve their organic rankings and increase their exposure, but what not many people know is that providing the best possible user experience is a major part of getting there. This involves providing relevant information to the end user, such as relevant images or videos to supplement the text on your website, a simple navigation system between web pages, and even a mobile-friendly website setup. All of this contributes to a stronger user experience, resulting in more clicks, leads, and conversion rates.
- SEO Builds Trust & Credibility:
Any experienced SEO’s aim is to lay a solid foundation for a beautiful website with a simple, powerful user interface that is easily discoverable in search thanks to the brand’s confidence and reputation and its digital resources. It takes time, effort, and dedication to establish a brand as a leader, but it also requires providing a valuable, high-quality product or service that encourages consumers to trust a brand.
Good, high-quality SEO on a company’s website and digital resources will always benefit the company and its marketing efforts. It’s a “new age” marketing tactic, but it’s vital to a company’s online presence in this day and age, particularly as the amount of data available and the competition grows.
If you are interested in learning more about Digital Marketing then visit this website:
Or if you are curious to learn more in-depth regarding SEO, then check out this course.
About the author
Imam Muhammad is a Certified Digital Marketing Master from International Institute Of Digital Marketing™.