YouTube attracts traffic from people of all ages all over the world. Brands can use this to their advantage when trying to attract new customers. Read below to see how you can use YouTube to your brand’s advantage in the world of digital marketing.
YouTube is popular among people of all age groups. No matter how young or old someone is, as long as they have a device that connects to the internet, chances are they’ve gone down plenty of YouTube rabbit holes. You can find an extremely diverse variety of content on the social media site. This is why it is vital for any brand looking to bring in clients to make sure they utilize their YouTube reach to the fullest. There are a few important aspects to keep in mind when creating a YouTube Channel.
Setting up your channel
- Create a YouTube Brand Account. This will categorize your channel as an official channel for your brand, rather than a regular user channel.
- Customize your account with a profile picture and a banner that fits your brand.
- Upload a channel trailer so that people who are not yet subscribed can view this and get an idea of what your brand is. Keep in mind trailers are short – try to keep it between thirty to sixty seconds.
- Be sure to write a channel description that fully captures the essence of what your brand does. It is a good idea to go into description in order for the subscriber to get an accurate idea of what they are subscribing to, however do keep it brief enough that they do not lose interest.
- Once you reach a hundred subscribers you are eligible to create a custom URL. This is key for returning subscribers. If your URL is simple and easy to remember people are likely to revisit your channel. If it is something difficult to remember, chances are people are going to forget to return.
Once your channel is created and you have completed the above steps, it is important to keep up with creating good content. There are a few things that separate a good video from a great video.
- Title. Your video’s title needs to be short and descript. It is important for people to know what they are going to watch before they get started. Make sure to use keywords because this is what people look for when selecting a video to view.
- Description. YouTube allows you to enter as short or long of a description as you want. So be sure to highlight any key points that are being made in your video in the video description. That way people can briefly skim through your description and find any information they may need. The first two to three lines of your description will be displayed directly below your video as it is being played. Be sure to add in keywords, the brand website URL, and URLs that lead to your other social media accounts. Finally, at the end of your description add in some hashtags.
- Thumbnail. A perfect thumbnail is important in visual methods of marketing such as YouTube. Viewers do not notice your video title first, instead people will look at your thumbnail before the title. Keep this in mind while trying to select the thumbnail that will capture the audience’s attention. Nearly all YouTube videos that perform well will have a custom image in their thumbnail.
- Category. Once your video is uploaded under the manage videos tab, you can choose a category that best represents your video. This will make it easier for people to find your video when they search for topics that relate to your brand.
Overall, YouTube is an easy way for brands to connect with their consumers. It makes it easy for people to get information about a brand in an eye-catching method and even easier for them to share with friends and family! Create a YouTube channel for your brand today!